Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"You can't do this to me," she yelled, "Open the damn door, Or I'll break it,"

"Humza!!" she yelled but he ignored her.

"I swear, You will regret this!! You will have to pay for this!" she threatened.

Tears were rolling in her eyes and she could feel anger rising inside her. She watched him disappear into the washroom and clenched her jaw in anger. She felt helpless, angry and scared.

It was dark and she began breathing hard, scared of darkness.

It's okay, Rhythm, You can do this!

You can do this!

Don't be scared.

Be strong.

She kept telling herself over and over again while trying to overcome her fear of darkness.

Fisting her hands, she tried to control herself by taking deep breaths. She walked over to the corner, sat down beside the pool and pulled her legs over to her chest. Tears streamed down her eyes as she remembered her family. She couldn't stop herself from crying.

She wrapped her hands around her legs and laid her head down, silently crying over her fate. Her body kept shivering due to the cold weather and dried tears stained her face as anger, fear and guilt all gnawed at her insides. She missed sleeping on that soft mattress, it was warm in his room.

Darkness overcame slowly and she drifted into a deep slumber.

****

Humza woke up early and saw Rhythm sleeping all crawled up like a puppy at the corner of the poolside. He got up from his bed and walked over to the door, he stood there and watched her with a smirk on his face.

"Hope last night had taught you something, Rhythm Hussain," He said and went to the washroom.

As he got dressed up for work and put his wristwatch on, he noticed Rhythm still sleeping in the same manner.

"She hasn't woken up yet?" he thought while walking over there, "She would wake up by now,"

He slid the door open and walked towards her, "Rhythm," He called but she didn't respond. He felt that something was wrong and immediately bent down to her.

"Rhythm," He called and placed his hand on her shoulder, his finger made contact with her skin and he felt it burning hot.

"Fuck," he cursed under his breath and immediately wrapped his arms around her. He lifted her up and carried her to the bed. He gently placed her down and placed the blanket over her and immediately called the doctor.

***

Humza stood aside, quietly watching the doctor checking her. He felt something building up in his chest, and looking at her state he was worried about what his mother would say if she knew this.