Chapter 22

There was complete silence in the room, Rhythm was about to sleep when Humza turned to her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked not looking at her,

Rhythm for a moment froze, Did he talk to me?

She thought.

No, it must be my imagination, remember he's ignoring me and why would he ask me that, Thinking that she laid down.

Humza turned to her, Why isn't she replying to me? Is ignoring me! Me?

He clenched his jaw and folded his arms over his chest, "I'm asking you? Rhythm Hussain?" he asked with an authoritative tone.

Rhythm flinched at his tone and turned to him, her eyes meeting his angry, narrowed ones.

"Me?" she asked, pointing her finger at her.

"Do you see anyone else in this room," He asked, annoyed. "Of course, I'm asking you?"

"Oh, here I thought... you swore to completely ignore me... I'm surprised you are asking me about my health?" she said, still bitter about their last conversation. About the night she spent alone on the pool side

Humza's sharp intake of breath was unmissable.

A slow smirk encompassed his expression, "If I've learnt how desperate my darling wife is for my company, I would never disappoint,"

"Oh, Don't be so cruel, Mr. Humza Ghazali," she sighed and averted her eyes, she didn't want to be teased right now, all she wants is to sleep.

"I wasn't trying to be," he replied while sitting on the bed, "I..." he sighed and glanced at her irritated.

"Is it usually this easy to get under my skin?" he said,

"Well, I'm thrilled to hear it," She mockingly smiled at him.

Humza glanced at her and a smirk formed at the corner of his lips, "Perhaps I should dedicate more time and make sure my darling wife gets all the attention she needs,"

"Well, I heard it's bad to upset an Indian wife," She warned, "... be ready to get things thrown at you..." she added, heat rising in her cheeks.

"But unfortunately, I don't want to hurt your mother,"

Humza shrugged, seeming amused as he said, "I don't think she would mind, she's quite fond of you,"

"Really?" she asked in disbelief,

"Yeah," He replied.

Humza stared at her, as a small smile appeared on her lips.

Suddenly the scene he saw, her outdoor lunch with Hadi, rushed to his mind. Their laughter and the way they both kept talking throughout lunch made him feel angry. Hadi had been getting too close to her from the day he arrived and had been learning more about her than Humza, which made him feel uneasy.