Chapter 10

Rhythm's Pov;-

I was sitting in front of the mirror, staring at the person in front of me. I see her soulless body and Dull eyes staring back at me. Like a doll, she was being decorated for something she doesn't approve of. How cruel.

I'm going home, but I don't feel any kind of excitement or happiness because the reason behind my visit was something so disturbing that I would rather not go there. Gunnar, that heartless monster wants to marry me and the way he spoke earlier made it clear that he's going to marry me no matter what.

I don't know what he gains from it, but something tells me, whatever it is he gains it's clearly not good for others. He had always done and took what he wanted and never bothered about the people he hurt in the process.

Of course, Why would he? Remember, he's a bloody killer! My subconscious yelled inside my head.

Tears were rolling down my eyes, but the person who was beautifying me was wiping my tears and caking my face to perfection. She stepped back and cross-checked her work and smiled at me.

"Ma'am, we need to go," she said while putting everything back and pulling me up onto my feet, I simply glanced at her and followed her behind. As I stepped outside, I saw a line of bodyguards standing on either side of the hallway, till the end of it.

It was intimidating to walk through, they were standing like pillars, with no movement nothing. I could feel my heart slamming against my chest, but I calmly followed the maid and walked downstairs. I kept my eyes down with tears rolling in them, I couldn't look at anyone as I felt defeated and ashamed of myself.

"I told you to stop that fucking now! You Idiot!" I heard Gunnar yelling at someone through his mobile, I flinched at his tone and tried to calm my heartbeat. I glanced at him and saw him dressed in formal attire, a blue shirt underneath a grey coat and grey pants.

He looks... Good, my subconscious commented.

I completely ignored its comment and noticed people walking over to where I was standing. I noticed the person I saw that night and Osman attacked those men at the seashore. He was there with those men who were firing at us, I could never forget that night. I remember that embarrassing moment when I cried in front of a complete faceless stranger. I mean I didn't see his face, so.

"Akeem!" Gunnar yelled all of a sudden which made me jump back in fear, I was damn scared and glanced at him, raising anxiety in me. I could feel the tense air around us and wanted to run away and hide from him.

Akeem rushed towards Gunnar, "Yes,"

"I need you to cancel all the meetings I have with Agarwal's and fix them after the marriage, tell them to send the file to office mail..." he said while strolling towards the main door and Akeem was following behind him, listening to his commands.

I was standing there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

Am I supposed to follow or stand here?

"Rhythm," I hear someone's sweet feminine voice calling me. I turned in the direction of the voice and saw women walking over me. One of them was smiling at me lovingly and looked quite familiar to me. Her eyes moved from my face to my dress, keenly looking at every single detail.

"You look beautiful in this dress, Dear," she said while walking towards me.

"Thank you," I politely replied,

"My name is Farah, Hamza's Mother..." she said,

"Humza?" I was confused,

Who's Humza? I don't know anyone with that name.