Chapter 39

Humza was sitting in his office in the F.G group's tower, his eyes fixed on the screen of his computer. His fingers are aggressively working on the keyboard and his eyes are glaring at the screen. He was in a really bad mood since yesterday, and everyone around could feel his bad mood as well.

In 24 hours, 6 cups of coffee were thrown on the floor, his assistant had suffered 20 almost heart attacks facing the wrath of Humza. 10 files were thrown out along with tearful employees walking out of his office.

Everyone was on edge, they were terrified of facing Humza's temper.

No matter how much he tried to drown himself in work, her words kept stabbing at his gut unannounced. Her words, her tears, the hatred in her eyes, they kept running back to his mind. He couldn't accept the fact that her words hurt him. He felt the anger inside him growing at rapid speed, he wanted this out of his system.

He slammed his laptop shut and pulled his phone, "Acid,"

"Yes, Bhai," Akeem immediately answered the call,

"Prepare the tools, I'm coming," He announced, "Okay, Bhai, Sameer, bring him up, Gunnar is coming,"

Humza heard Acid say before he hung up.

Someone's going to die today at his hands.

***

Rhythm was watering the plants in the garden, she had a bad sickening feeling in her gut. Her gut was telling her that something was wrong. She had it the moment she woke and found herself alone in the bed.

She didn't understand what it was but whatever happened between her and Humza last night made her feel upset about everything. She didn't realize that her harsh words cut through his heart and hurt him and no one ever survived hurting him.

Everything is dangerously silent today.

Is this a sign of a storm coming?

Rhythm thought.

"Rhythm?" She heard Farah calling her from behind and turned to her.

Farah and Amina came back to the mansion right after Humza and Rhythm's argument last night. Since the morning, Farah had noticed Rhythm, who had been quite distant and quiet. She didn't understand why she was like that but it did confirm that something was wrong.

"Is everything alright between you and Humza?" She asked, walking up to her and standing beside her.

Rhythm quickly said, "Yes, Everything is fine between us,"

Farah stared at her daughter-in-law with suspicion shining in her eyes. She could feel that something was wrong but she didn't press it.

"Hm..." She said, extending her hand for the watering can, Rhythm handed it to her.

"Plants need not only water but also our love, care and patience," Farah said, watering the miniature rose plant and glancing at Rhythm, "Not every strong plant is strong enough inside, it can be quite sensitive and need extra care,"

Rhythm watched her quietly, her words sinking deep and her mind wandering to certain someone. The things she said to him rushed back to her and the look on his face when she said it flashed in front of her eyes.

Is Humza truly hurt? Or is it just my imagination?

"What if it's stronger and doesn't need any care or attention?" The question escaped from her lips.

A small smile touched Farah's lips as she heard the question.

"Every living being needs care or attention, Rhythm, if not they might not survive," Farah said, "I believe as humans we should take care of everything around us, it's our responsibility," She continued, "Including people around us,"