Chapter 23

Humza was yet to fall asleep, all too aware of the furious woman out at the lounge

Humza was yet to fall asleep, all too aware of the furious woman out at the lounge. Anger pulsed through every inch of him at the memory of her defiance, he was a second away from storming out there and dragging her back to the bed with him out of frustration.

How could she illicit such a violent reaction from him?

Ten minutes passed and he couldn't sleep at all, kept tossing and turning. He couldn't understand why he was so bothered by her refusal to sleep beside him.

He was her husband.

He wasn't used to people refusing him. He wasn't used to being defied succinctly and successfully. With a tiresome groan, Humza rolled out of the bed to where his wife was sleeping. That bitter scowl that captured her face in sleep was more than enough indication that she was not comfortable sleeping on the small couch.

He bent down and pushed his arms under her shoulders and knees, gently lifting her body, her head falling to rest against his chest as her warm breath danced across his jaw. Even in her sleep, she seemed like an angry little thing, with that scowl still present.

And Humza had enough of her anger seen already as she shouted at him, hands flying and hair flailing.

Any sane woman would fear him too much to speak to him in such a manner.

Rhythm is going to be a handful that he could be sure of.

He has to punish her and keep her under control before it's too late.

***

Feeling hot sun rays falling over her, Rhythm woke up. She was surprised to find herself sleeping on the bed.

"How the hell did I end up here?"

She groaned as she realized who did this!

"HUMZA!!!" She groaned while punching the pillow hard.

After doing her morning routines, Rhythm walked down the stairs, determined to scold him for not letting her sleep on the couch even after she refused to come to bed.

His behavior was irritating her.

He can't always make her do things she doesn't want to.

As she walked to the dining area, it was empty. She looked around for him and decided to talk to him at lunch.

She sat at the dining table and began having her breakfast, still with a scowl on her face.

"Good morning,"

She looked up and saw Hadi walking toward the dining table with a sweet smile on his face,

"Good morning," She replied, smiling at him.

He pulled the chair and sat opposite her, "Did Humza leave?" he asked,

"I don't know," She replied flatly,