Chapter 27

Without answering her, he dragged her with him. He climbed the stairs and took her to his office. She stopped and stood there surprised and shocked, as he pressed a button behind the books of his bookshelf and it opened a passage.

His hand is unmovable. But when his fingers released her side to lock around her hand, her heart fluttered with a hollow ache. He stepped from behind her, their hands linked and pulled her through the passageway of the cellar.

The farther they went, the darker the room became each step a reverberating warning tapping her spine.

"Humza, I don't want to be here," she said,

When he finally stopped and turned her way, all she saw was his pitch-black Armani suit and those intense eyes boring into her and she was alone with him.

Fingers still threaded around her, he pulled her closer before pressing her back to the bars along the wall. The cold iron bit into the exposed skin above her dress. If he assaults her, tries to hurt her... Her hands formed claws in preparation.

If the only thing she can attack is those beautifully deceptive eyes, then she will claw at them until he bleeds.

That rare smile hitched the corner of his mouth. "My reputation should frighten you," he commented as if carrying on their conversation from before. "Yet, you stand there and talk to me without fear,"

She could feel a shiver creeping down her spine as he spoke.

"You know, I didn't choose the name. I don't particularly like it. Some things in this world are just branded on you without your consent."

She was terrified to ask, but she need to know why he was called, Gunnar. "Why?"

His hands moved down her arms and locked around her wrists. She knew he can feel the erratic beat of her pulse, and it thrilled him. He held her securely as he moved in, their breath mingling and her brain losing the will to reason. His scent of sandalwood and clean, aquatic cologne is all around her, and it's more welcoming than the stale smell of the cellar.

Torrid fire licked up her thighs as his legs fused to her, his face so close, she stopped breathing.

As she was caught in his gaze, he pushed her arms above her head and bracketed her wrists against the bars. He's a dominant, smouldering force as he towers over her, and she has never felt more helpless...or intoxicated.

With the slightest shift of his hand, he unbuckled his belt. Panic surged through her as her eyes pleaded with him until he whipped his belt off and shackled it around her wrists, securing her arms to the bars.

The cold touch of fear gripped her lungs and squeezed.

"Why are you doing this?" As soon as the question left her mouth, she knew it was useless. He's doing this because he wanted her submission.

"It was after my second job," he said, trailing a fingertip down her forearm tenderly, teasingly. "There was so much blood, the body in so many pieces. They said the slaying had happened at the hands of a fucking Viking warrior," He looked down at her and winked.

"And the name stuck."

Ice dumped into her bloodstream. "You are a monster."

"That people created."

He brushed a loose wisp of hair away from her eye.

How much pain will I suffer at his hands?

As he backed away, she didn't drop his gaze. She won't give him the satisfaction.

If he's going to hurt her, then he's going to look her in the eyes while he's doing so.

He flicked his knife out of his pocket. The blade is shaped like a talon, the handle white bone from some animal, or maybe even one of his victims. she wondered how much blood has coated the steel.

He guided the tip of the knife along her stomach, the blade snagging the cloth and making her belly tremble.

"I knew I was going to have a hard time with you," he said. "I would think of ways I could inflict the most pain on you, to make you submit to me,"

She lifted her chin higher despite the desire to look away. "You won't kill me?"

"No," he confirmed, daringly slipping the blade between her cleavage. Her nipples tightened painfully.

"I swore I wouldn't." He remembered the day he promised his mother.

The feel of the cold steel scraping the soft flesh of her breasts aroused an empty ache between her thighs.

"And I can't spend the next how-many-ever years together like this," She said, "Hating to live every day with you. Dreading your little tortures." Her breathing ratcheted as the confession poured.

"Just push the knife into the hilt. I know you did all this to get your revenge.. for slapping you and insulting you, Go on, Get your revenge so this can be over."

The blade halted its path, poised over her heart. Trepidation clawed at her insides as his dark gaze strayed from her face to her chest. A dark spark ignited in the depths of his sinister eyes. His free hand travelled to her waist, where he possessively grasped the flare of her hip, his body coasting closer to hers.

The air between them charged, friction drawing two bodies together. A dangerous bait with one touch, the volatile molecules daring either of them to strike a match and combust.

"Brave words from a little wifey" He dug the tip of the knife into her skin, breaking flesh. "But I'd rather see you break."

Panic rose as the blade needled her skin. "Please, don't..." Her eyes were teary and pleading.

He stilled, his gaze watching her closely, and a strange mix between fury and morbid curiosity crossed his features. He pulled the knife away and, as she felt a trickle of blood leak down, he swiped his thumb across to gather the drop.

She watched, mesmerized, as he brought his thumb to his mouth and, after a beat where she stared at the red coating, he sucked his thumb into his mouth.

His deviant action did something torturous to her body, and she gasped a breath into her aching lungs, starved of oxygen, and some other demanding burning hunger.

He braced his palm on the bar beside her head, placing his mouth near the shell of her ear, lips grazing as he said, "You taste like a fucking temptation."

A hard shiver racked her body. Before she could measure a response, the feel of his hand prowling down her thigh stole the air from her lungs. 

Author's Note:- 

Hey guys, need 200 votes and 100 comments, 10 followers. Book won't be updated until the target is reached. 

Love you all. 

Take care.