Chapter 9

Rhythm's Pov:-

"Why? Why is this happening to me?" I sobbed, pressing my palms on the floor and lowering my head. Tears kept streaming down my eyes, loud sobs escaping my lips. My heart was aching and it was unbearable. No words could express what I feel right now.

I don't want to marry him. I won't marry a monster who kills innocent people for his selfish pleasures.

I hate him!

I couldn't stop my tears or those images flashing in front of my eyes, he killed Amaan in front of me for trying to protect me. He didn't deserve to die. I loved him and still couldn't stop loving him even though I knew he cheated on me but I can't stop it. I'm not the kind of person who would hate someone for their entire life if they make one mistake.

I believe in second chances and always have given people second chances even if they hurt me. I never held grudges against anyone in my whole life, and Amaan knew this. He was there to apologize to me and ask for a second chance. He has been with me and knows exactly what kind of a person I am.

I could never be angry at someone for a whole day. I'm quick to forgive people and let them hurt me, again and again, I can't stop myself. I know, I'm weak. Many said that to me, but I believe no one can predict what happens in the next second. We are in a world where everyone is struggling with their own problems and forgiving someone won't make us weak nor does it make us lose our energy.

I believe forgiving and forgetting things that hurt us would be best for us and for others too. You never know, it might be the last conversion or a meeting with the person.

I wish I could talk to him one last time. Just once. I never thought I would lose him like this, I wish I listened to him. Why! Why didn't I listen to him?

All of a sudden, I heard someone pushing the door open. I quickly glanced at the door and saw a woman with a tray filled with food walking inside. Behind her was Gunnar, his eyes fixed on me while he walked inside and sat on the couch in front of me.

I eyed the woman walking up to me, placing the tray in front of me and stepping behind. She glanced at Gunnar and he signaled her with his hand to leave. She bowed her head before walking out of the room. I swallowed hard and stared at him in anxiety, his eyes staring at me like I was a puzzle he wanted to fix.

"Eat," He ordered in a calm tone, still looking at me.

I glanced at the food in front of me and back at him, "I said EAT!!" He yelled.

I flinched at his tone and quickly grabbed the plate, I couldn't eat nor could I stop my tears from rolling my cheeks. My mind kept repeating all those events that happened back there and that made it hard for me to stop crying and eat.

"Stop Crying," He ordered with an extremely serious look on his face which shook my core,

I stared at him in disbelief, "What did you say?"

"Stop. Crying," He said with his teeth gritted,

I don't know where I got this anger and courage, but the next thing I know I was screaming at him.

"How should I not cry!" I yelled and got up from the floor, "How the heck do you expect me to not cry... You monster!!... You killed my fiance in front of my eyes...shot my Brother ...and tried to kill my Father!"

I was completely blinded with rage, in just a blink of an eye and without realizing it, I was now in front of him, screaming at him and punishing his chest hard.

"You are a heartless monster... you killed my father's men.... Our loyal men... They were innocent... they didn't do anything wrong to you and you... you killed them all!!!" I punched him on his chest harder,

"How could you? What have they ever done to you!!!"

"ENOUGH!" He grabbed my hands and turned me around, shoving me over to the wall. As my back hit the wall, a gasp left my lips. He pinned my hands to the wall, beside my head. His fingers were dipping into my skin and hurting me, I'm damn sure they would leave ugly bruises on my skin.

He glared at me, clenching his jaw in red hot rage, I noticed a nerve popped on his forehead as he scowled at me. I didn't let his intimidation work on me, I glared at him in fury. I was breathing hard, feeling my whole body shivering in utter anger.

The atmosphere between us tensed and none of us backed down, he glared at me and I glared at him. He gripped my hands harder and the pain shot through my veins, it was hurting me.

"Leave me," I tried to pull my hands off his grip,

"Apologies," He commanded me like I was a dog.

"What?" I stared at him in confusion and disbelief.

"APOLOGIZE!" He roared at me,

I was outraged by his command, "I WILL NOT!"

I could feel my heart slamming against my ribcage, and breathing unstable. I had never felt so much anger in my entire life, if my hands were free and out of his hold, I would scratch his face with my nails and leave his face completely demolished.

I was pissed off.

"I'll give you one last chance, APOLOGIZE!" he yelled right on my face.

"I WILL NOT! I will never apologize to you, YOU CAN GO TO HELL!!"

"APOLOGIZE!" He screamed at me while increasing the pressure on my wrists.

"Let go of me," I yelled, and a fresh set of tears began rolling down my eyes. His fingers were digging deeper into my skin, which was hurting me a lot. I couldn't bear it and broke down in front of him. I sobbed uncontrollably with my head lowered, tears streaming down my cheeks and wetting my top.

"Why?" I cried,

"Why did you kill them?" I was hiccuping like a child, crying my heart out in front of the person who mercilessly killed Amaan in a blink of an eye, shot my brother, and killed hundreds of innocent people.

"How could you!" My legs began shivering and I was barely holding myself in front of him. I was shattered, I love my brother and my family too much and they are all hurt. I couldn't handle the truth that Amaan was no more, and the person in front of me killed him.

All of sudden, He freed my wrists from his grip and stepped back. As soon as he took a step back, I fell on the floor crying hard. I pulled my knees over to my chest, hugging my knees. I sobbed hard.

I didn't notice when he walked away from me, but the loud sound of the door being shut made it known that he left the room, leaving me alone. I flinched at the loud sound and glanced at the closed door.

I placed my forehead on my knees and continued crying.

***

"Rhythm?" I could feel someone gently shaking me,

I groaned before raising my head, my vision was blurry and I had to blink thrice to adjust to the brightness. I didn't know when I cried myself into sleep but as I woke up I could feel a slight headache.

"Who are you?" I asked the woman, kneeling in front of me. She had a kind smile on her face and was looking at me with concern in her eyes.

"My name is Laila," She smiled,

"Please get up and get ready... We are going to your parents' house in 15 minutes,"

Author's Note:-

Hey guys, Please leave your comments below and do like the book. I need at least 10 comments guys, do encourage me to write this story. 

Do not forget to follow me.

To know about the updating Schedule of this book, go to my social media accounts.

Instagram;- S.n_nina_arthur.

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.