Chapter 2: A Visit To The Ranch

You hadn't remembered falling asleep last night, but obviously, you had while pondering how a man so uncaring could find himself in a town of such pleasant people. However, you had only met seven or so people and you were sure that there were at least triple that amount living in Stardew Valley. Maybe the rest were not as outgoing as the first few people you had come across in Pelican Town.

Deciding to put the issue to rest for another time, you set about to start your day. You tended the fireplace, which somehow still had a small flame warming the house, and started to make some breakfast. What you were really craving was some fried eggs, but the eggs you saw at Pierre's were a little expensive and you were sure that Grandpa would have been disappointed in you for not raising your own flock for eggs. However, you currently had neither the time nor money to purchase a coop from Robin, so instant oatmeal would have to suffice for another day.

After you finished your breakfast and got dressed, you went outside to examine your new garden. As you stepped into the sunlight, you noticed that your 20 little plants had already sprouted! That was fast, Pierre must really have the best seeds. You watered each one, making sure to note its growth and examine each plant for any signs of issues. All of your plants looked healthy and lush. As you stood up to return inside, you noticed a small brown letter sticking out of your mailbox. You rushed over to check it, finding that it was addressed from:

Willy's Shop

The Large Dock On The Beach

Pelican Town, SV

You quickly opened the envelope to see a letter scribbled out on thick parchment that read, "Hello there, I just got back from a fishing trip. You should come down to the beach sometime. I've got something for ya. -Willy" You didn't spend too much time pondering the letter, but shoved it in your pack and ran inside to get changed to visit Marnie.

You quickly took a shower and combed through your hair. Then you headed over to your closet to pick an outfit from the slim variety you had available. You eventually settled on a sky blue blouse that you tucked into a yellow denim skirt. The outfit was simple but tasteful and you needed every bit of help you could get to make your second impression with Marnie better than the first. Though she didn't seem to mind the fact you had knocked into her, you were utterly embarrassed and determined to make things right in your mind.

As you headed out of your house, you checked the address that Marnie had given you. It said that Marnie's Ranch was in the Cindersap Forest, which was directly south of your farm, practically sharing a border. You remembered a shortcut your grandfather had shown you which led out directly into the forest. You started in that direction but quickly realized that you had a lot of overgrowths to cut through. Luckily, you kept your scythe in your bag, which managed to make quick work of any plant in your way.

Before you knew it, you had made your way to the end of the farm's property. You walked through the small path to the Cindersap Forest and prayed to Yoba that you would be able to find Marnie's Ranch with ease. You fixed your hair and set foot into the forest, only to realize that Marnie's was immediately visible to your left. A large copper silo stood tall against the small farmhouse and you ran over to it.

As you approached, you noticed a small barn with a fenced yard. You could see all sorts of calves, goats, chickens, and pigs. Those must be Marnie's breeding stock. You walked up to the door and knocked lightly, opening it as the last knock sounded. Inside was a small counter directly in front of you. There was no one tending the shop and you wondered if you were intruding. You glanced around to see a small room filled with hay to your left and what appeared to be a large living space to your right.

You heard a noise and looked over to see a small girl, dressed in all purple with a large bow, looking at you from behind the wall that separated the rooms. "Hi, how are you?" You asked, somewhat quietly.