Chapter 15: Some Birthday Presence

The two of you walked the short trip from the bus stop to your farm chatting about the day and life in general. "Marnie wanted me to make sure and tell you that you need to come over for lunch or dinner or even breakfast sometime soon." Shane said.

"Oh, I'll definitely have to stop by!" You said excitedly. "Lunch the other day was really nice." You had reached your property and started up towards the house.

"Marnie and Jas will be really excited to have you over." Shane said as the two of you walked up the stairs to your porch. "...I will be too." He muttered the last line, just loud enough for you to hear. "Well, I had a wonderful time with you today." He held out his hands like he was about to offer a hug, but kept them close to his body timidly.

You stretched your arms out to match him and leaned in. You guys hugged for a moment, stretching your arms around his waist as he placed his arms over yours. He pulled away, too soon in your opinion, and looked longingly at you. "Well, I guess I'll head on home then. Thank you so much for going with me, again."

"Yeah of course! Anytime." You said as he started to turn away. "Oh, and happy early birthday!" Birthday. Birthday present. I need to give him the present. "Shane!" You called as he stepped off the porch, suddenly remembering the tickets in your pack.

"Yeah?"

"I need to give you your birthday present!" You squealed excitedly and started to dig through your backpack to find the tickets.

"A birthday present? For me?" Shane asked in disbelief. "(Y/N), You shouldn't have."

"Of course! Close your eyes!" You smiled, pulling out the tickets. "Hold out your hands." He did as you instructed and you gently placed the tickets in his hands. "Open your eyes."

He did and saw the tickets lying in his hands. His eyes widened as he looked at them. "Oh (Y/N)," He said as a smile broke out over his face. "This is amazing!"

"Really?" You said, excited that he liked the gift. "They're for tomorrow night, front row. Is that okay?"

"Front row?" Shane gasped as he scanned the tickets for proof. "Are you serious? That must have cost you a fortune!"

"It's worth it for you." You smiled.

Shane, still holding the tickets, wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into a big hug. He squeezed you so tightly that he ended up pulling you off the ground, holding you insanely close to him. "This is the best present ever."

"Really?" You were so excited that you had made him happy.

He set you down and grabbed your shoulders to look at you. "Really! Oh my yoba, (Y/N)! Thank you so much!" He pulled you in for a looser, quicker hug before letting go over you and taking a step back.

"I'm glad you like it." You said. "Meet me at the bus stop around five tomorrow night?"

"That sounds perfect." He said, calming down. He couldn't manage to wipe the slight grin off of his face, though as you locked eyes.

The smile on his face as he looked at you was too much. You loved him and you needed to show him that. You had made him so happy and you wanted to go all in. This was your moment. You looked up at him and moved in, wrapping your arms around his neck and pressing your lips firmly against his.

Shane momentarily flinched, startled by your sudden kiss. He instantly wrapped one of his arms around your waist and pulled you up and into him. With his other hand, he grabbed the back of your head, holding you into the kiss. Your lips pressed hard into his as his stubble tickled your chin and mouth. His lips felt soft and slightly dry in yours. The warmth of his breath radiated onto you as he held you pressed to him. It felt like your lips had been designed to fit perfectly with his. You moved one of your hands up into his hair, grabbing it in your fist. You moved your other hand down towards the back of his shoulder, gripping tightly. He moved equally, one hand going to your upper back and the other hand moving from the small of your back around to the side of your waist. This kiss was different than your first. Your first kiss had been gentle and timid, not wanting to stir anything up. This kiss was deep and passionate, and you could feel the romantic tension from the day melting between the two of you. "Shane," You exhaled, finally unlocking your lips. He pressed his forehead to yours as you both breathed heavily, reveling in the moment.