Chapter 43: Talk Of The Town

"We should probably get going," Shane whispered into your hair. You had been laying against him for at least half an hour, watching the golden sunbeams scatter through the leaves surrounding you and dance like disco lights across your future husband's skin.

"I don't want to." You whispered back. "I want to stay here forever."

Shane's arms were draped comfortably over your waist, holding you close to him. It was such a safe and wonderful place to be as you leaned back and embraced your final moments in this ethereal scene. "If had known you'd want to stay here longer, I never would have decided to throw a party." Shane laughed quietly. "Hindsight is 20/20, as they say."

"No, the party sounds wonderful." You looked up at your fiancé. "Just compared to this... I don't want to leave this moment."

"We don't have to." Shane smiled down at you. "I hired Haley to take photos. Along with them and our memories of this moment, we'll never have to leave."

You couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "This is why I'm marrying you. You make all my worries disappear."

"I try." Shane gently kissed the top of your head. You watched his face as he looked around the indescribable scenery and the decorations he had added. "I really hope you liked it."

"Oh, Shane," You spoke softly as he looked down at you. "It was everything I ever could have dreamed of. I wouldn't change a thing. This is so much better than anything I could have done."

"And this is what, you want, right?" His voice trailed off to a more serious tone as his deep, hazel eyes searched yours. "To marry me?"

"More than anything." You tried to keep your words steady as you felt Shane relax from your response. "Nothing in this world would make me happier than being yours forever."

"Hearing that makes me so happy, chickpea." Shane brushed some hair out of your face. "And there's nothing you would change?"

You suddenly had an idea, a way to slyly bring up something that had been weighing on your mind. You didn't want to ruin the moment, but the opportunity was perfect. "Actually, there is one thing I would change." Shane looked both curious and a little concerned as you kept talking. "I would have you work on the farm with me. Quit JojaMart, and just live our lives to the fullest together. I want you to be happy, and I know that JojaMart ruins that." Shane looked on the verge of tears again. "Plus, I desperately need someone else to help out. If you don't do it, I'll have to hire someone." You laughed lightly, cupping his face in your hands. "And I would much prefer it to be you."

"Okay, I'll do it." He tried to blink away the tears. You couldn't believe the words you were hearing him say, your plans and dreams were coming to fruition. "I can't quit right now, but I promise I will by the time we get married."

"Deal." You grinned gleefully.

"Deal." He repeated as he ran a hand down to your thigh as he gently toyed with the edge of your satiny pink dress. "I'm glad Jas managed to get you into this." Shane chuckled softly, trying to hide the fact that he was tearing up again by changing the subject. "I was worried it would be too hard for her to manage."

"Oh?" You asked, confused and a little surprised. "You planned for me to wear this?"

Shane tilted your chin up and pressed his lips firmly against yours. "Baby, everything about today is part of my plan." He slid his hand farther up your leg, under the tight skirt of your dress. "I've told you how much I love this dress, right?"

"This must have taken you weeks to plan!" You realized, finally piecing Shane's elaborate and beautiful scheme together. "Marnie never had to go to Zuzu City, did she?"