Chapter 36: A Steamy September

🚩 Content Warning: This chapter contains a lot of smut. If you wish to skip this chapter, you won't lose any plot content. Otherwise, enjoy! 🚩

Romantic wouldn't be the first word that came to mind to describe your boyfriend, but that was quickly changing. It was almost the end of Fall now, exactly a week and a day away from Spirit's Eve. The days were warm and the nights were bitter. It was your favorite time of the year.

You had just finished checking on some particularly dry-looking crops when you came inside to wait for Shane to return from his job at JojaMart. Your conversation with Marnie a little over a week ago had instilled confidence in you to ask Shane to come work on the farm, but you were still nervous for some reason. You decided that tonight would be the night.

You opened the farmhouse door and were surprised to be met with a vase filled with gorgeous white peonies on your kitchen table, accompanied by a small note. You quickly grabbed it and peered inside. There was a note scrawled out in Shane's messy handwriting:

(Y/N),

I love you so much more than I ever thought I could love anyone. You've helped me turn my life into something I've only dreamed of. I have absolutely loved being your boyfriend for this past half of a year and I can't wait for the many, many more to come. As a special half-year anniversary surprise, I'm currently waiting for you at the sauna bathhouse in the mountains. I'd love it if you came to join me.

Love, Shane

(P.S. There's a map of how to get there on the back, I know how you get with directions).

You were shocked by the gesture, to say the least. You quickly ran to your room to throw on your favorite swimsuit, a white bikini with adorable ties on the bottom. It was one of your more revealing swimsuits, but you didn't think Shane would mind in the slightest. You threw on a large t-shirt to go over the bikini, grabbed the hand-drawn map, and headed out to the spa.

It only took a few minutes to arrive, and Shane was waiting patiently for you outside, leaning against the side of the building. "Hey, chickpea."

You smiled affectionately at his pet name for you. "Hey."

He pulled you into a hug and you noticed that he smelled like flowers. You realized it must be from the peonies in your dining room, which only made the floral scent sweeter. He pulled away as he explained how the spa worked and that there were men's and women's separate locker rooms that both led to the joint heated pool. He started to head to the men's side of the sauna.

"Wait!" You called, causing him to turn back around. "Don't you want to see my bikini first?"

His eyes got wide. "If I ever say no to that question, (Y/N), you need to take me to the Clinic immediately." He joked. It made you giggle and you quickly pulled off your shirt to expose your barely covered skin to the cool mountain air.

You loved to surprise Shane with things like this. His reaction was always the best, big eyes and gaping mouth. He came up to you and gently slipped his hand around your waist as he playfully grabbed your nearly bare ass. "Damn, this only covers the essentials, huh?"

You laughed. "What? Is that a problem?" You grabbed your t-shirt off the ground. "I can always put this back on-"

"No, you know the saying." Shane smiled as he swatted your shirt away and started to pull you in for a kiss. "Why drive a sports car if you don't show it off, right?" You blushed some more as the two of you quickly kissed and split up to meet back again in the pool. You stored your shirt in the provided lockers and hurried to get out to see Shane. You weren't sure what had gotten into him today, but you definitely liked it.