Chapter 56: Wedding Bells, Part 2

After breaking away from the kiss, the two of you turned to face the audience and Shane triumphantly lifted up your arm in victory. "Let's party!" He exclaimed, followed by rounds of cheering from the audience.

It only took a moment for the crowd to get up from their seats and start to dance. The town square was a perfect location, and Gus happily set up a booth for food and drinks next to the Saloon. Soon, enough you found yourself grabbing a glass of wine from the cheery barkeep.

"Congratulations, (Y/N)." He grinned as he handed you the glass. "We're all so happy for the two of you. You've been a wonderful addition to Pelican Town."

You thanked him and turned back to where most people had gathered around, dancing. Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail volunteered to perform with their band for the reception, and they sounded great.

"There you are," Shane mumbled in your ear, coming up from behind and slinking an arm around your waist. "I've been looking for my wife." He emphasized the last word, sending a mix of excited and gleeful electricity through you. He leaned down and gently kissed you on the cheek. "Ready to go mingle? I think everyone here is excited to greet us."

On cue, Demetrius and Robin appeared in front of you, both dressed up for the occasion. "Congratulations!" the ginger carpenter smiled. "And if the two of you ever think about adding on a nursery, let me know! I'll cut you a deal."

"Thanks," Shane smiled. "But that won't be necessary for a while."

The couple smiled understandingly. "Well, we can't express how happy we are for you," Demetrius added before leaving the two of you to continue to greet your guests.

It was like the whole town was swarming around you, but all you could focus on was the small bubble that contained you and your now husband, Shane. "Well, Missus, what shall we do next?"

"Kiss?" You joked, unable to focus on anything but the wonderful man standing before you.

"I can get behind that." Shane smiled, wrapping a hand around your waist and dipping you slightly as he leaned down to kiss you swiftly yet passionately. You felt your head rush as he stood you back up. "I don't know why...but it feels so good to be married to you. I'm still having trouble believing this is all real, that you aren't something I made up in a dream. Heavy drinking can do that, you know."

You couldn't help but shake your head and laugh. "I'm real, Shane." You reached up and cupped his face in your hands. "I'm real, we're married, and you're sober."

"And you want to be married to me, right?" He asked, threading his arms around your waist. "You don't just feel bad for me or something?"

"Dear Yoba, Shane." You laughed. "Do you really think I would have married you out of pity? Did you not hear my vows?" You couldn't tell if he was kidding or not, but you were going to reassure him either way. "I love you more than I ever thought I could possibly love someone, and you make me so insanely happy."

"Thanks." Shane blushed, pulling you in tightly.

"No worries." You joked. "I kind of remember telling you something like that thirty minutes ago."

There was so much to do, and it was so overwhelming, but standing next to Shane made you feel much more confident. "For the groom," You both turned around to see Gus handing Shane a small cup of beer. "It's the ale you like. I imported some, especially for today. I understand if you're still watching how much you're drinking, so here's a small taste."

It was a shot glass full of the bitter amber drink and Shane happily downed it in one gulp. The bartender awaited your husband's reaction. "So good." Shane grinned. "Makes me wonder why I ever quit."