Chapter 32: How Do You Solve A Problem

"Baby, (Y/N), please, it's all okay. I'm here now." Your boyfriend had instantly pulled you into his lap and held you to his chest when he got home and saw your sorry state. "What happened?"

"Elliott came over, and like basically interrogated me," You tried to choke back more tears. "He won't stop trying to get me to date him! And he knows you and I are together now!" You sobbed into your boyfriend's chest.

He tightened his grip around you, and you realized he was obviously enraged to find this out. "He just stopped by unannounced?" He asked, to which you nodded your reply. You couldn't quite tell what Shane said, but it sounded something like "that creepy bastard." Your boyfriend kissed the top of your head gently. "I am so sorry, chickpea. What did he say?"

"He said I should break up with you, then just said some really rude things." You were trying to spare Shane's feelings, as most of his comments were insulting your boyfriend. "I finally managed to kick him out, but I don't know what his problem is!"

"He's just jealous." Shane calmly stroked your hair, trying to help you relax and feel safe. "You're so amazing, sweetie and he can't accept the fact that I'm the lucky one you chose." You started to smile at the compliment as he continued. "It doesn't make what he's doing okay, though. If he comes back again while I'm at work, don't open the door and call JojaMart immediately, okay?" Shane instructed as you nodded, your face rubbing awkwardly against the fabric of his shirt, which made you both laugh and lightened the mood.

"I just want this to go away." You sighed as your tears finally started to dry.

"Me too, chickpea, me too." Shane kissed the top of your head affectionately. "And I'll make sure it does." He laid you down on the bed and quickly left to go to your living room you heard him dial the telephone and wait. It was a minute before he harshly spoke. "Elliott. This is Shane, (Y/N)'s boyfriend. Stop trying to contact her, your advances aren't working and it's making her upset." You heard him forcefully hang up as he came back into the bedroom. "I left him a voicemail."

"I heard." You joked.

Shane smiled at you, glad to see you were starting to be in a better mood. "Now let me get on some comfier clothes so we can cuddle up and watch a movie." He quickly threw off his JojaMart uniform and climbed into the bed with you in just boxers.

"Is it really that comfortable to not wear pants in bed?" You asked him as he pulled the comforter over the two of you.

Shane nodded his head enthusiastically. "Oh yeah, it's just a great way to relax."

"Alright." You decided to give it a try as you pulled off your sweatpants and threw them towards your laundry hamper, so you were sitting in just your sweatshirt and panties. "You know, this is kind of nice." You laughed as Shane pulled you in close to him and grabbed the television remote off of his nightstand. You rested your head on his shoulder as the two of you sat propped up against the headboard.

Before you could even start to decide on what to watch, however, another set of knocks rang from the door. "That better not be him." Shane shook his head. "Stay here, baby." He stood up and threw his clothes back on as he went to go see who was stopping by.

You crawled to the foot of your bed so you could have a view of what was happening. Shane opened the door a crack to see who was outside, before quickly opening the door all the way. "Aunt Marnie?" He asked, sounding slightly confused. He waved her in.

"Hi, Shane." She sounded frazzled, a tone you had never heard her take before. You hoped everything was okay. She sat down on your couch very cautiously.

"Is...is everything okay?" Your boyfriend asked, clearly sensing her strange mood as well.

"Yes!" She smiled, unzipping her wet rain slicker. "I was wondering if you lost this." She reached under one side of her jacket and pulled out a tiny, adorable puppy.