Ardor - 41.

"Y/N?"

The deep tone of Namjoon's voice cut through your thoughts like a breaking dam. You were lost in your own little world. Your mind was replaying the moments of your fight with Jungkook in your head. You could still see his stupid but adorable puppy eyes looking at you when you left after your argument.

You almost regretted leaving Jungkook at the dorms. A very large part of you wanting nothing more than to stay with him... but you were hurt. Hurt that he yelled at you. Hurt that he assumed you didn't want him. Hurt that he even had the audacity to accuse you of ever wanting anyone else that wasn't him.

Yes, Jungkook had jealous tendencies. He wasn't possessive or controlling in the slightest and you were grateful for that. And normally, you didn't mind him displaying those little jealous outbursts. You found it cute almost but today was different. Jungkook looked like he wanted to knock Yoongi's ass out and it scared you.

"Hm?"  You shook your head to clear your thought and fiddled with the utensils in your hand, "Yeah?" You mumbled, blinking up at Namjoon.

The two of you were sharing a plate of his favorite midnight snack, tteokbeokki. Lucky for you, it happened to be one of your favorites as well and soon enough, you were quickly devouring the snack with him.

Namjoon and you spent your quick drive to the restaurant conversing about his day at work and your day doing well... nothing except fighting with Jungkook. You both then spent the time waiting for your food talking about books and music you have been listening to lately. Namjoon was currently re-reading 1984 by George Orwell. Namjoon said it was a good read and he highly recommended it. Your mind wandered to the same book you left on your bookshelf back home in your city. You bought it for a psychology class you were taking in college and never got around to ever opening it. Namjoon insisted you read it to the end. Even going as far to offering his own copy to you. Of course, you said no but you made a mental note to give it a try once you went back to your city... if you were ever going back, that is.

Namjoon was so easy-going. He was very much a listener. Sitting quietly in his chair across from you and swallowing you up under his warm, coffee-colored eyes. He didn't voice his input unless it was needed, allowing you to take the floor to talk about anything and everything. He listened well too. Just like Jungkook. He was intrigued with what you had to say. He questioned you on everything. Wanting to know why you had certain opinions and why you thought the way you did. He was enjoyable to talk to too. Giving you his entire attention and smothering you with those wonderfully intriguing eyes. Something about Namjoon made you want to tell him your deepest, darkest secrets because you knew he would never judge you.

He was friendly, comforting and inviting. Talking to him felt like sipping a mug of hot chocolate by a fireplace.

And Namjoon was warm. Literally warm.

When your fingers brushed each other as he handed you a pair of chopsticks, you could feel the heat radiating off his skin. And when he smiled at you with his deep-set dimples cascading along his honey-colored skin and beautiful dragon like eyes crinkling to half-moons it made you feel as though you were standing under a tropical sun. No wonder Jungkook looked up to Namjoon so much. Literally and figuratively. He was compassionate and listened to you blab away about random things. The attention he gave you was comforting.

Namjoon had to admit though. He admired you. Not necessarily in a sexual way like some of the others did. But in a more matured way. Yes, he believed you were extremely gorgeous. Breathtaking, really with striking features and curves in all the right places... but he thought you were more brilliant and interesting to talk to as well. Namjoon saw himself in you in a way and knew you would take good care of his beloved youngest member. He believed you were good for Jungkook and when you fell silent after you both had your fill of tteokbeokki and other snacks, Namjoon could sense something was wrong,