P A R T T W E N T Y E I G H T

Jon's POV:

Packing, packing, and even more packing! That's all that me and Ashland have been doing since seven o'clock this morning. We are in the midst of packing up some of our stuff so we can head to South Carolina for the weekend. That, and to see if one of us can get her childhood home, she was, and presumably still is upset about the whole ordeal, in which I can't and don't blame her, not even at the slightest. If it were me and my parents in the situation, I'd be sad too, shit.

"Babe, are you sure we need to pack all of this just to go down there for a weekend?" I asked breathlessly, zipping up the second suitcase of the day.

"Jon!" Ashland pouted at me, her soft eyes looking into mine. "Please?! Can we stay an extra day or two down there? I haven't seen my Mama, Daddy, or little brother in a while... Please, J, for me?"

After pleading and looking into the sad puppy dog eyes of hers, there was no other answer in my mind than the one and only, "yes". If staying for the weekend plus an extra day or two is what she wants, then so be it. It isn't like we have tour to do anymore, we wrapped up the last show last week. It was fun, to say the least. And no, I didn't prank anyone on stage, even though I was very tempted to.

"Yes, okay, we'll stay in South Carolina for as long as your little heart wants to. But don't be getting any ideas, we do have to come back to Tennessee at some point, you know this already," I chuckled after answering her question.

"Jon- that wasn't what I was intending," She sighed and laughed. "What on earth am I goin' to do with you, boy?!"

That last thing she said had me stumped for a minute or two. Then the answer instantly clicked in my brain. Yes, me and her have these sorts of "arguments" every day. Wouldn't trade it for the world though.

"Love me, duh! That's what I'm doin' with you all the time, don't you think I deserve that as well?" I joked.

"Of course, now then. Let's start packing up all our back into your truck. Are you sure Baby's goin' to be okay making a long drive all the way to South Carolina and back?" Ash asked, putting an emphasis on my truck's so said name.

Yeah, over the last month or so, Ashland insists that I've named my truck "Baby", which isn't the case, at all, believe it or not.

"First, Ash, my baby girl, my truck doesn't have a name. And if it did, it'd be a cooler name than 'Baby'.. Look, I'm just sayin'," I laughed. "To answer your question though, my truck should be able to make the drive to South Carolina then back up to Tennessee. We've got this."

**

"Mmkay, do we have everything? Don't worry, my dad and mom will watch after Dolly and Whitley. Just so that they are fed and watered. Don't need 'em starving or thirsting to death. Now that'd just be terrible," I giggled.

The two of us were leaned up against my truck. The breathtaking view that was right beside me is one that I'll cherish, love, and adore for years to come. Damn.. My girl is hot as hell. She was wearing a ballcap that had my name on it, a "Kick Rocks, Cowboy" top, ripped shorts, and calf-high cowboy boots. Mhm, yes sir, she was looking like a snack- no, no, wait! She was looking like a meal. There were a few thoughts that were coming in my mind that shouldn't have been there, whoops.

"Alright, let's start heading off that way. It's goin' to take us probably six to eight hours to get there. Now it may take a bit longer though, because it all comes down on how many stops we're taking to get food and everything. We both know that food stops are a must," I explained to Ash, opening the passenger side door for her, leading her in the truck. I walked over to the driver's side soon after.