P A R T N I N E T E E N

Jon's POV:

"Y'know that would be sweet and cool, and all... But, J, I'm super nervous.. I've never ever moved in with anyone before," Ashland sounded petrified on the other end of the phone.

Currently it was the second of April. Woo! That means that not only is my birthday coming up soon, but so is Ashland's. Hers is on the thirtieth of this month, where as my special day is on the eighth. Thankfully, I get to be at home in Nashville for my day. I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but I'm still trying to figure out the perfect birthday surprise for Ash.

There's no way I'll be able to top the surprise I did for her twenty third birthday though. It's going to be super tough to get at least a tied joint first place surprise. I'll work my ass off day and night if I have to. We have a show to do on her day, but I may be able to squeeze in a little something something that I can do for her birthday before the show. I don't know how, but if there's a will, there's damn sure a way, I say.

I was just making a conversation with Ash about if we were to ever move in together, what would she want in the house. Just a conversation, it isn't like I was going to drop everything and buy a house. Hell, if anything, Ash might end up moving in with me. My house is way more spacious than hers.

"Baby girl, calm your tits. I wasn't actually sayin' to drop everything and have you move in with me or whatever. I'm just talkin' about our future and everything. I am no time traveler by any means, but one thing's for damn sure; I see you in my future. See you in that beautiful white wedding dress, see you holding our beautiful baby- or babies, and eventually grow gray and old with you. That's all I have ever wanted with you, Ashy cash."

Sniffling came from my iPhone's speaker. Fuck, fuck, I did not mean to make her bawl her pretty eyes out. I meant every last word I had said to bed though, I'll admit that. I want to one day marry that beautiful woman. Have beautiful children with her. Grow old with her. Just overall experience life with her. I hope I don't do no stupid ass shit to fuck this all up, or I'll hate myself more than I did with the Anna situation.

"Baby, grow old with me.." Is all that I could make up from the sobbing Ashland was doing. I love her so much, she deserves to be protected from anything and everything bad that's in the world. I want to be the only one who does that, of course.

"Also, J, how've you been feeling since the phone call you and Michael shared? The one you told slash yelled about to all of us in the bus when we were on our way back home from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Has he contacted you since? I'm worried..." She muttered as she calmed down with the crying, thank goodness.

"That dumbass? Nah, I blocked his number. I don't wanna hear from him until I have to go back on tour. He isn't right in the head. I mean, who in the hell in their right mind thinks to themselves, 'oh, let's go and investigate and listen on my best buddy and my ex girlfriend's conversations that are meant to be secret'? No one, that's who!" I growled, getting re-angry about the whole situation all over again.

Hearing the shaky and almost scared sounding breath come from Ashland on the other end saddened me to the core. I didn't mean to raise my voice or yell at her, it's just the whole situation pisses me off. She knows it, I know it, everyone else who was on the bus knows it, too. Ugh, it makes me so furious thinking of it. I need to get my mind off of it before I make my way to his house and beat the shit out of the fucker again.

"Yeah, you're right. Listen, Jon, I'm goin' to get off of this phone call. I need a break from calling on the phone for a minute. Dolly needs to be walked anyway. I'll call you a little later on.." Ashland trailed off.