P A R T E I G H T

Ashland's POV:

We just played our last show for the month! The next show that's due is in Silver Springs, Maryland, which is in March! I'm so excited for a little bit of a break.

I was on my tour bus with my band and crew and we were chatting up a storm until I heard my phone's ringtone go off. All every one, myself included in the bus heard was "Leave The Pieces" by The Wreckers.

"Ash, answer your damn phone," Noah, my guitarist said to me, a soft laugh coming out of his mouth. I laughed also and pressed the answer button without taking a glimpse at the caller ID.

The sound of Hardy's voice on the other end of the line made me flinch in a way I never have before. The way he talked frightened me. I took a shaky breath and said something to him, "Michael, hi, umm, how are you?"

"I could be asking you the same thing. How's Jon? You two seem to be getting closer and cozier with one another," He remarked coldly.

"Mike, c'mon. I done told you countless times, me and Jon do not have anything goin' on! He's my best friend, I wish you would accept that!" I cried.

"Baby, I love you, and I swear I will change my ways. I want you so damn bad. Please, Ashland, please!" He sounded so desperate. I was so damn tempted to just hang up, send him the link to Taylor Swift's song, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and calling it a day, or well, night in this case.

"No, no, and more no! I understand, that people make mistakes and everything, I get that. But you're sitting here talking to another girl who lives in San Diego or wherever.. It hurts, so in all honesty, thanks a lot, Michael. You not only broke my heart, but my trust too. I can't keep doin' this."

I hung up before I could give any kind of attention to any more of his bullshit. He texted me twice and instead of replying to what he had even said, I took the plunge and sent the Taylor Swift song to him. And gave him a little piece of my mind.

Hardy🥃🤓:

Ashland, you can't keep
shunning me. That's not how
an adult conversation works.
You are literally 23, 24 years old.
You should at least know how
some sort of adult conversations
go and work, right?

I mean, I guess you're upset
about me, my actions and everything else, but I'm praying for myself to make sure I'm a better man for you, me, plus everyone else around
the two of us.

Ashland🤪🥰:

https://youtu.be/WA4iX5D9Z64

We are never ever getting
back together, I'm done
being the second choice.
You only texted and called me
just because you're lonely.

Now go to sleep. I'm tired.
We have a long way to go
'til we get back to Nashville.

Finally! That weight is lifted off of my shoulders. It felt so amazing to tell him off, even if it wasn't how I had planned to tell him. It was a relief to be able to finally call it quits. But when we get back home in Nashville, we will actually have a face-to-face talk and see where things stand, for real.

I got up off the couch that I was sitting on and decided to actually go to bed and sleep, or at least attempt to, anyways.

**