P A R T T H I R T Y S E V E N

Ashland's POV:

It was a sunny, bright morning when I had felt the bed dip and move all around. It was Jon, of course. There would've been no way in hell that it was either Dolly or Whitley making that much movement in the bed, haha. So after feeling all that movement, ironically, Whitley had jumped up on the newly empty spot where J had just got up. Haha, I love my boys! They do like to fight for my love, however.

Sometimes when Jon has late hours in the studio, he'll obviously get home late, whereas me, I'm just snuggled up all nice and comfy like on the couch, it sounds heavenly and great, right? That's where that ends. The second my man walks through the front door after a long day of work, he notices me cuddling with his dog and starts to tease me, plus make all kinds of jokes about it.

Of course, they are harmless and funny, so it isn't like he's genuinely upset or anything. Besides, what kind of person would I be to not give Jon love and affection like I do with Whitley. I love them both equally. That, and Dolly warmed up rather well to Whit, which makes me so super happy. She's picky about who she does and doesn't like in her space. Which is pretty ironic considering me, her owner, is the same exact way.

As I had got up, Jon cut his eyes toward me and the bed, looking as pissed off as possible. That's weird, he isn't mad at me right? I'm sure hoping that he isn't.. I mean, there's nothing that I can recall doing anything bad or out of the ordinary to J...

"Uh... Good mornin'. You okay, my handsome?" I questioned, smiling softly up at him.

"Dammit.. Dammit! God dammit, what am I goin' to do...?" He asked, putting his face into the palm of his hands.

"Calm down, wait just a dang second, honey.. What are you talking about? What's goin' on? Talk to me!" I kindly demanded, sitting up in the bed, the comforter still wrapped around my body.

"Ash, baby girl, the person I've been renting my house from, they are telling me that if I don't pay my monthly mortgage this month, I'm losing the house. I can't have that happen... My savings are starting to run low. Yeah, being a musician makes a lot of money, but this mortgage isn't cheap by any means. What will I do..? I-"

"Baby, come on, come sit with me, Whitley, and the twins even though they aren't here physically. I get it, you're stressed about the whole money and mortgage thing, but you've got this.." Jon ran over to the bed and slumped down, scaring Whitley in the process, thus making him jump down from the bed, where he then met Dolly at the doorway of the bedroom. The two pups decided to play around with each other while me and J decided to talk things through.

"I can't do this anymore.. This is all so hard on me. Song sales aren't doin' as well as they normally are, and don't even get me started on the super long studio hours for absolutely nothing. It feels like my career is failing slowly and surely.. Ashland, I'm so scared. Then not to mention the whole thing about us having twins; they need to have a good upbringing. Losing my- our house would fuck that all up. That would make me worst dad of the year. I don't want to be known as that," J stated, very heartbroken about everything.

I won't lie, hearing how sad Jon was, it made me feel so sad for him, plus the things he was saying. None of that is true, most certainly not! If anything, me and him will find a way to figure out the whole house payment problem thing. My mama always told me, "if there's a will, there's a way." And that's what I'll always live by for the rest of my whole entire life!