P A R T T H I R T E E N

Hardy's POV:

Today's the day. Today, me and Ashland are finally going to talk things out. Hopefully, anyways. It's now March 9th, meaning that there's only ten more days until the tour starts back up and I need to know what in the hell I am supposed to do and everything. Obviously, I won't cancel the tour even if it's awkward if me and Ash do decide to break things off.

That, and we both are mature adults, we can handle these types of situations. If she can't, then that's on her. She just, one day, needs to realize that she can't expect Jon to drop everything and be there for her one hundred percent. It don't work like that. Most women are independent so that's why it confuses me so much. Obviously, since she blocked my number or whatever happened, I ended up getting in touch with Ash's photographer, Brayln. Thank the Lord above that she was able to work a time and place for me and Ash to go have coffee and talk like grown ups.

As much as I wanted things to work between her and I, it just wasn't meant to be. It's going to hurt the both of us at the end of the day if we don't talk things through. I love Ashland, I really do. I know my actions speak louder than words, and talking to Caleigh behind her back isn't cool at all, but I can't help it. Caleigh makes me happy, laugh, smile, and so many other things. I see a future with her, unlike Ash. I knew her and I weren't going to last. I low-key hate that, though..

I put on my Mississippi State hoodie, Jon has one just like it, ugh, why am I even thinking of him? Anyway, after putting it on and rubbing my hands down it to get rid of the wrinkles, I put on a pair of Nike tennis shoes. Thankfully, I looked alright. Me and Ash are going out for coffee so I hope that goes well. I know she ain't going to like what I'll say, but it's better to clear the air than to not. Right?

**

I got to Starbucks, parked my truck, and texted Brayln, telling her I was there, and how long it would be until Ashland was ready and when she'd arrive.

Brayln 📸😜:
heyo, Hardy boy.
Ash is going to be there
within ten minutes or so.
If she isn't, chances are,
the traffic is horrible! Just
a little FYI for you! ☺️

I smirked and liked the message she had sent me. I was hoping for this ten minutes to ride on by quickly. I just need to get this conversation over and done with as soon as possible.

I went ahead and ordered me a coffee. Just a regular espresso is all I need to get by. That, and I'm no sissy, I don't need no creamer, sugar, or anything crazy like that in my coffee. That ruins the purpose! In my opinion, anyway.

I was sitting at the table when I heard the bell ring, meaning someone opened up the door to the coffee shop. I saw a blonde figure, along with her was a guy in a ballcap. Hmm, I should've known that Ashland was going to bring Jon along. I'm not even shocked at this point. But I can't make a scene or some paparazzi might catch that on camera and paint me into a bad picture, which it's far from that, obviously.

I guided my hands up so I could motion them over to my table, where I was sitting at. This is going to be one long and hard conversation. Maybe Jon will like, I don't know, go away for a moment's time, this is mine and Ashland's relationship, not his. I swear if he's only here to be nosy, I will kick him in the place where the sun doesn't shine. Oh, did I say think that out loud? Oops.

I greeted them both with a wave and a tip of my own ballcap. The two seemed happy when standing side by side. Not going to lie, it kind of broke me seeing Ash so happy with Jon. Like yes, I know that they are best friends and everything, but at the same time, it isn't fair to me to have to watch my own girlfriend hang out with my best bud. It hurts, drinking beer, cutting up and having a good time was mine and Jon's thing to do, not him and Ashland's thing to do. It pisses me off that a girl, a fucking girl whisked away my best friend!