P A R T T H I R T Y N I N E

Ashland's POV:

We had just gotten our check from the restaurant when Jon's phone started ringing off the hook. He was currently in the restroom while I was busy paying for our meal. It was only fair, he paid for the stuff we bought at the souvenir shop, so I pay for our lunch.

I'm not a nosy girlfriend at all, but man! Whoever it was trying to reach him must've been needing something badly. It definitely made me curious, to be honest. What I did next is something that made me cringe so hard at myself.

My hand grabbed out for his iPhone right as it had finished ringing for the third time. I took a quick deep breath in and out before checking to see who it was that was calling him. Some person who went by the name of Freya. Who the fuck is that? I've never heard of a Freya a day in my life... Is my nightmare coming true all over again..? I think I'm going to be sick, and I just ate too.. Not like the pregnancy helps any of the sickness.

I rapidly pushed his phone back to where it was and right after doing so, Jon walked his way to the table we were sitting at. He had a very happy-looking smile on his face. Hmm, it definitely makes me wonder what has him smiling like that.

"Hey, baby girl. Sorry it took me a little while longer than I had intended. I went to go and wash my hands, come to find out that there was no damn soap in the little machine thing, so I ended up just rinsing my hands off. I guess that's clean enough, right?" He chuckled, holding his hand out so I could grab it and get up.

Biting down hard on my bottom lip, I still grabbed ahold of his hand even though my stubborn side didn't want his help.

"Baby, can we go to the beach now that we're done eating and everything?" I questioned, frowning at him so that he'd say yes.

"Duh! Also, just so I don't get a DUI or anything like that, do you happen to think you'll be able to drive us back to the condo or?" Jon asked, kissing my hand while tears started welling up in my eyes.

"I- uh, okay.. I'll drive. I don't want you to get in trouble with the law. Especially down here in Florida! I think they are very strict down here when it comes to a lot of charges, per all the crime videos I've watched on YouTube," I giggled, wiping my tears away with my free hand.

"I may seem like an outlaw in some ways, however, I'm tryin' not to get into any trouble of any kind anywhere I'm at. Anyway, let's head out," He stated, kissing my cheek. "Why in the world are you cryin', Ash?"

I burst into tears, no stopping happening by any means. It was going to keep eating at me if I didn't get the whole Freya contact thing out of my system.

"I'm sorry I'm such a bad girlfriend.." I sobbed, barely being able to get the words out.

Jon took a step back and shook his head in disbelief, "Whoa, whoa, huh? What are you talkin' about? Ashland Leigh, c'mon, don't be silly! You are the best damn girl to ever walk into my life. Best girlfriend I have ever had by a long shot. What are you on about?"

"I- Jon, I'm so sorry... I accidentally went to go and see who was blowing up your phone 'cause it kept ringing... Some lady named F-"

"Now I'mma stop you right there, Ash. Freya is literally my band member, Brad's sister! Chillax, I promise, I wouldn't stoop that low and cheat on you. You're the only one I want, baby girl. Forever and ever, amen." It relaxed me a bit knowing that he was trying his damnedest to soothe me.