P A R T T W E N T Y

Ashland's POV:

The soft sounds of light snoring filled up the whole entire bedroom. Sitting on the dresser, was a bottle of Crown Royal whiskey. What happened? Where am I? Why do I smell highly of alcohol?

With a groan, I attempted to turn over in the king-size bed, but an arm was draped around my waist, pulling me back down, my head crashing carefully onto the pillow.

"You ain't goin' nowhere, baby girl," I then heard Jon's soft and sleepy voice in my ear. I don't know why, but those words and that tone just really turned me on in all kinds of ways. I know, it's really late, I shouldn't be feeling these ways, but hey, blame my hormones, Jon, and everything else that makes me feel this way.

"But, but, Jon, please.. I need to get up for a sec. My bladder will burst in your bed, then you'll have to change sheets and everything. You don't want that, do you?" I mocked.

"Eh, I wouldn't even complain. I have to change my sheets constantly, anyway," Jon shot right up. "Not that I'm goin' into any detail about that!"

That nasty guy! Well... I guess I can't even be mad at him, a man's got needs, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes, it happens. I won't lie, I do wonder what it is he gets off to every night, or whenever he does so. Not that it's my business, but it would make lonely time with me and him a bit more spicy if I did know, *wink wink*.

"I wasn't interrogating you or anything, damn! Stop being so defensive, boy! Now, Mister Langston, can I pretty please go and use your bathroom?" I blinked slowly to catch his attention.

"Fuck," I heard him mumble lowly. "Yes, Miss Craft, you can go and use my bathroom. Bring that sweet and hot ass back to bed though after you're finished."

I laughed at his remark and shot him a smirk that told him everything he needed to know. I don't know, I can be a tease to this dude sometimes. That, and tonight was pretty crazy as is.

Flashback to hours prior:

House parties. I've always despised them. I don't have a particular reason why, it just oddly and weirdly reminds me of the times when I'd go to my grandma's house for family reunions. It just was boring. Why have a party at a house? Why not somewhere fun that has bouncy castles, food, ice cream, and all that such? That's definitely what 6 year old me would've questioned a lot back then. Now here I am, 23 years of age, dreading the house party that Jon oh so wanted to throw.

I packed me an overnight bag. I just knew that if alcohol was going to be in my system, there was no way or chance in hell I was getting back home safe. And no, I was not going to take an Uber or Lyft by myself, at night. That scares the living daylight out of me, not even going to lie. But I can and will stomach this just for my handsome best friend of a boyfriend.

Besides, this could be some pre-party before his birthday comes up. It's only in four more days. I bought him one of the best gifts that my money could've bought. It isn't the most extravagant or best thing in the whole universe, it could've been better, but I had to get what I could with the amount of funds I had. I do still have to somehow pay rent at some point, as well.

Maybe moving in with Jon doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. He doesn't have to pay a monthly rent or anything like I do, so maybe I should step back, take a breath, and gather up all my thoughts. Think more into the moving in situation. It probably isn't as bad as I think it is. Hell, I lived with a younger brother and my dad, I think I'll be just fine living with Jon. He's my best friend, I think he'd be a perfect roommate, haha.