P A R T T W E N T Y S E V E N

Ashland's POV:

It's my birthday! I'm turning twenty-four today! My mom has already asked me two times this morning on how it feels to be another year older, it's the same old answer every time; It feels a lot better than twenty-three that's for sure. Twenty-three showed me that life can suck badly sometimes, but if you focus not on the bad, but the light and good, you will make it through.

Oh! Speaking of my birthday, me and the boys are playing our second to last show on the Signed Sober You Tour. It's bittersweet, to say the least. Even though me and Michael have had our hardships and troubles, I couldn't imagine not going on this tour. It's been nothing short of amazing! I've had the time of my life. Sadly, tomorrow it's going to fully end. This tour has been fun, crazy, and most of all, life-changing.

If you would've told me the day before the tour began that me and Michael would break things off, and I'd start dating my best friend, Jon, I would have just laughed and said you were full of shit. I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world! Regardless of who I'm with or have been with, the last few months have been arguably the best of my life.

Nonetheless, here's to hoping twenty-four is better than twenty-three. It's beginning to be better just by the actions Jon had done for me earlier this morning when we arrived in Utah. He bought me flowers. Oh my gosh, not only were they flowers, but my favorite ones! Sunflowers. I've always been a big fan of those flowers. They are so beautiful, and look perfect on the bus! But that's not all he had gotten me. I tried telling him that the flowers and having the chance to be his girlfriend was a big and good enough gift, but he insisted on getting me something else. Though, he has something to give me when we get back to Nashville, which makes me curious to see and know what it is. The last thing he got me was this huge teddy bear. I don't know where on earth I'm supposed to put it, but for now, it'll be sitting in the passenger side of the bus.

I'll admit it though, the bear is super cute, cuddly, and oddly, it smells like J... That sounds weird, but it was near my nose, so the scent entered anyway. I wonder if he spritzed the teddy bear down with his cologne. It's not likely, but it does make me wonder. It's a light beige color, has a red bow tie, and it even came attached with a birthday card on one of its paws. It had the most simple yet romantic message inside of it.

The message read:

Ashland, you're the best girlfriend in the whole world. Thank you for making me the happiest man alive. In return, here's something that will hopefully pay you back for making me so happy. A big teddy bear, some flowers, and something else that I'll give you after the show tonight. ;) I love you, baby girl. ♡︎

What a sweetheart. He's got the biggest heart in the whole world! I don't deserve him and all he does for me. J does so much for everybody, I sometimes think he forgets he's somebody too. I'll admit it though, there are times where I so desperately want to do things for him, but he's stubborn and won't let me. I just don't know with that man.

The sun was shining brightly in Salt Lake City, Utah. This town has been nice and pretty so far. There's only been bits and pieces I've seen, maybe a different time, there will be a lot more time to tour and look around the city as a whole. Obviously, none of us can be a tourist, we have to do an actual music tour. But no complaints, it's fun, even though the Signed Sober You Tour has been fun, it's also been really tiring too, but all in all, it became the biggest gig of my career so far.

While channel surfing on the tour bus, my guitar slash bass player, Noah, had barged in through the door that leads us in and out of the bus. He looked displeased. Makes me wonder what got him all in a funk all of a sudden.