P A R T T W E N T Y S I X

Ashland's POV:

"She's everything in my whole world, that's my forever girl," Jon sang gracefully. He sounded like an angel. Yeah, I call him that a lot. He doesn't even try to deny or dodge it, he just rolls with it. It's not necessarily a bad thing, right?

"I know it's too early to tell, but in my honest opinion, Ashland, I'm starting to think you're my forever girl more and more each and every day I spend with you. It sounds stupid, I know, but damn, it's the truth," He muttered softly as he quit singing for a brief amount of time.

"Jon.." I pouted. "Stop, you're so sweet. I've never ever been in anyone's future, much less anyone's forever. This song is so emotional, and the fact that you basically dedicated it to me says a lot about you than anything. If that makes sense."

He nodded and went back to picking and playing on his guitar. I'm excited to hear his take on "Hey, Pretty Girl" by Kip Moore. That's one of the very few songs that I remember hearing all the time on the radio and being head over heels in love with it!

So, just a quick question, Ashland," Jon remarked as he was done singing Forever Girl. Eek! One step closer until hearing him do a cover song. His voice fits so well with other songs, in my opinion.

"Uh huh, what's your question, J? Are you okay?" I asked calmly.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Are you okay? I mean, you're the one who's moving out of their house. Are you comfortable with doin' that? That's a big change, y'know?" He beat around the bush a bit.

I snorted, "Thank you for lookin' out for me, bubs. I appreciate you and that more than you'll ever know. I think I'll be just fine. Besides I'm getting to move in with my most favorite boy in the whole world!"

Jon was kind of skeptical of my answer. He just mumbled something, but I couldn't quite hear what it was that got said. From the pregnancy scare, to us being together for only a month or so, it's just been a hectic month. I'm praying like hell that my birthday won't be stressful. Maybe it won't be.

The wind started to pick up and it was getting pretty cold out. Just our luck. And the flannel that I may or may not have stolen from Jon got left in his truck. No, it isn't that far from where we have everything sat at on the grass. And leave it up to me to not be wearing any pants, just really short shorts underneath my oversized t-shirt.

"Hey, Ash. Want to crash at my place tonight? I just got this weather alert thing on my phone saying there was a thunderstorm coming through. Meaning we should probably head on out of here. Next time, I'll be sure to pick a day to do this nice romantic lake date where it isn't raining like crazy," J chuckled at himself as he closed up the tailgate, and then put his guitar up in the backseat of his truck.

He helped me get the wine, cups and blanket loaded up in the back, as well. What a gentleman. Even though we didn't spend that much time with each other, it was nice and refreshing getting to be outdoors with my favorite man in the whole wide world.

We both finished packing everything up, and that's when the storm started to roll itself in. Sadly though, I wasn't fast enough to get in the truck because my hair and pretty much my whole entire being was soaking wet. Well, that's definitely not good. To be fair, ruining the interior of Jon's truck wasn't on my to-do list today. Or tomorrow, or the next day, or every other day after those.