P A R T T W E L V E

Jon's POV:

We got out of my truck and the second that we got out, Ashland's eyes lit up as she looked at the huge magnolia tree. It was a park that had just opened up in Nashville. Or, well, somewhere in the surrounding area. On second thought, I think it was in Brentwood. It's called Magnolia Park. Obviously, the name makes a lot of sense. There's plenty of magnolia plants, trees and other things, but what made the park stand out as a whole was the huge and pink colored tree that was in the center.

"Jon, bubs, holy shit. That tree is so cute! Can we take a picture in front of it?" She asked, the excitement in her voice making me feel fuzzy inside.

I strolled over towards the main attraction, with Ashland's hand in mine. Of course, I was going to take plenty of pictures and videos. What Ash doesn't know is that secretly, I have one of my buddies and her photographer and videographer here at the park. They have themselves and their cameras hidden, very well. So unless she snoops through things, she shouldn't find out anything about it.

Oh, and also, I have this big speaker I brought, I'm hoping that we can play some songs and dance underneath the big ass tree. Well, that's kind of the whole point of the two of us being out here, haha. Anyways, I rented out the park for a couple of hours, just so it could be me and her spending time with one another.

I clutched a good grip on Ash's hands and we were under the tree. The palms of my hands were sweating with anticipation and nervousness. Now I know Ashland and I have danced in my kitchen at like two in the morning to my own song and everything, but for some reason, wanting to dance with her in a public place is making me very anxious.

Obviously, I have the whole place rented out so no unwanted people come and ruin our moment, *cough* Hardy, *cough*. I don't think he knows this place exists, but then again, I don't even know if he has some kind of tracking app on his phone to see where in the hell Ash is. If he does, I swear, I'm definitely not doing this shit anymore, and me and her will get the hell out of Nashville, or even Tennessee for that matter.

Ashland noticed the speaker and her voice cut me off from all my never ending and overpowering thoughts, "Jon! Bubs, is that your speaker thing?" She asked. "I'm asking 'cause that thing is huge and looks cool as hell!"

I grinned big. Well, if anything, she thinks my speaker is cool. Wait, that's a good thing, right? Oh my God, I have to make sure I'm on the top of my game for the next few months because they are going to be the most crucial in mine and Ashland's friendship, relationship thing. Whatever we might be.

I mean, we've been the best of friends for like ever. Every time we say "I love you" to one another, it was always in a friendly way. Neither one of us never ever meant it in a lovey-dovey way. Wait, no. Let me backtrack.. I have told Ash I love her and I've meant it in that sort of way before. Especially when Anna pulled her shit.

With one swift motion, I switched on the speaker and connected my phone to it via Bluetooth. I pressed shuffle on the dance playlist I made earlier today. I don't know how I was able to make it so rapidly like I did, but thank heavens I was able to.

It started out by playing "Blue Clear Sky" by George Strait. It's one of my favorite songs and I relate to it on a spiritual level, honestly. I gave up on that thing that is evidently called love. But then out of the blue clear sky, Ashland came and rescued me in a way. If that makes any sense.