P A R T T H I R T Y

Jon's POV:

Today is the second to last day that we're staying in South Carolina. Tomorrow, however, is the last and final day that me and Ash will stay with her family. Tomorrow is also Mother's Day and to be absolutely honest, there's a big part of me that's sad because I won't be spending time with my mama. This whole thing of all our families being all over the place is quite rough, come to think of it now.

Don't get me wrong, Treva, Ashland's mama, is like a second mom to me, but at the same time, it's my mama who really deserves the holiday because she had to raise not one, not two, but three crazy-ass sons. If I pull my strings right, then maybe I'll be able to make it back home to see my mom for a few hours on Mother's Day. I'll be praying extra hard for that.

My head, currently placed in my hands, all there was to do at this moment was to sigh heavily. Man, the last few days have been kicking my ass for some unknown reason. Not entirely sure if it's from the allergies because it's spring, or what. Eh, whatever it is, it'll be gone before I know it.

Ashland was sat down right beside me, her hand caressing up and down my back. At this moment, all I wanted to do was lay back, relax, and snuggle in her arms. But we still aren't really wanting to be open and public about our relationship, so that isn't an option right now, even though I'd kill for it right about now.

"J, talk to me. You are scaring me shitless. You've been in this funk since before we've been here. This isn't allergies, that I am so sure of. Jon, speak.." Ash spoke up.

She knew better than anyone that there was something wrong with me. She always does. Ashland knows me better than I know myself. It's just one of the many things that can be added to the "reasons why Jon loves Ashland" list. I didn't make up that list name. It's something that my whole band has been teasing me with.

Hell, they even went as far as writing an actual list. It's taped near the door on the tour bus. Ugh, sometimes I wonder how in the actual hell I'm able to deal with those guys... Oh well, that doesn't matter really, because to be absolutely honest, I should focus solely more on spending and having a good time with Ash while we're in her home state and everything rather than my band and all of them, plus my mental health on top of all that. That can be worried about later on. As long as Ashland is happy, smiling, and okay, that's all that matters to me.

"I'm so sorry, baby girl. I'm so sorry.." I frowned, my head still in my hands as my fingers then made their way into my hair.

As for my ballcap, well, it's been long gone. I tossed the damn thing out of frustration. Because me being me, I'm not the type to take my anger out on a person- well depending on whom it is, throwing my hat just seemed the most innocent and calmest way to do that.

"Sorry for what, exactly? If you don't want to talk, then that's fine. Just so you know, I'm always in your corner. Take your time- and a deep breath.." Ash whispering to me softly. "Gimme your hand. I need to do something."

Of course, there was nothing else left for me to lose at that point, so why in the hell not? The second my hand flopped into her lap, she opened up a Sharpie. It was just a plain black-colored one. What in the hell was she about to do? Is she going to draw on me? She and I both know all too well that there's not that much room to be drawing anything on my arms or anywhere near those two extremities.

Once those thoughts crossed my mind, I was so caught up in the moment that me nor my brain comprehended the fact that she drew my name in the palm of my hand. What the hell? That's fucking unusual, yet odd? Why would she want my name instead of hers on me? Seems a bit backwards to me, but what do I honestly know?