P A R T F O U R T E E N

Jon's POV:

Tossing, turning. That's all I ever do when I'm sleeping, but tonight, it was different than precious nights before. Why in the hell could I not fall asleep? Normally it doesn't take that much tossing and turning to knock me into that deep sleep that I oh so am in love with. Weird ass shit right there. I just want to go to sleep, but that's obviously not an option. The world really didn't want me sleeping tonight. That, and the coffee done wore off from the café Hardy, Ashland and I went to, so that's not a factor either.

The more I tossed and turned, the worse it made me feel. I needed to get up, and do something. See, maybe it'll wear me out to the point that I'll be tired enough to just be knocked out! I can be a genius when I want to be.

Tumbling my way out of the king sized bed that gets super lonely and cold when I'm alone, I then made my way downstairs, in which there was a mess greeting me as I had walked into the kitchen. Dammit, I forgot all about this dishes I messed up while cooking dinner. Spoiler alert, I royally fucked it up. I burnt it, so I ended up ordering take out. That's how my night and dinner ended out, oh well.

I grabbed the pans that were sitting out on the countertop and laid it into the sink carefully just so I wouldn't make too much noise. Okay, now I know no one's in my house, but Whitley is somewhere around the house, and he likes to sleep just as much as I do. Which is a lot. Damn, I sure do love to sleep. So much so, that I've missed some important appointments due to my lazy ass, uh oh.

I was just about to start washing up the dishes and cleaning the rest of the kitchen, that was until I heard my phone going off in my hoodie pocket. Damn, my volume is up high as hell. I need to remember to turn it down next time. Who knows, my neighbors might even be able to hear the ringtone, and that can be dangerous.

I hurriedly grabbed ahold of my iPhone from my pocket and slid the answer button. Obviously, it was Ashland. I wonder what in the hell she could be doing up at two, almost three in the morning. I wonder if she was having trouble sleeping like I was. Hey, it's a long shot, but that's just my assumption.

"Howdy, howdy, howdy. You're speaking to the one and only Jonathan Langston," I remarked right as I had answered the phone.

"Wow!" Ashland gasped. "I would've never guessed. I must be a lucky girl to be talking to him this late at night. I always call you at this time at night. You never pick up, but tonight you did."

What? Wow, to be honest, that hit home. There have been times late at night where I so desperately wanted to reach out and call Ash. That's all I truly and really wanted to do. Nights get so lonely, cold, and dare I say it, it gets scary when you have to sleep alone. Wake up alone. Live alone. Just being alone. Knowing that she calls me up when I'm sleeping or whatever really hits home to me.

"Mmm, yeah, actually, you're pretty lucky. No girls don't even want to pass a glance at me, much less want to be with me. I know, I know, shocking. But hey, that's how the cookie crumbles, right?" I joked, chuckling a bit at what I had said.

"You're so damn adorable! I am the luckiest girl in the world because I'm so beyond lucky enough to know you, and be your best friend. Life with you makes perfect sense," I could just see the most beautiful smile plastered across Ashland's face. Such a beautiful woman, both inside and out.

I tapped my nails over and over on the countertop as I was listening to what she had said to me, and there was no denying that I was blushing like a lunatic. I haven't been this happy in a long ass time. I was low-key hoping that she'd invite me over or something. I needed to see her, and I needed to see her now.