P A R T N I N E

Jon's POV:

I checked the time on my silver-colored watch that was on my left wrist. It was inching near five in the evening. Oh shit, I almost forgot that me and Ashland are supposed to be heading to one of my favorite places in all of Nashville; The Tin Roof!

I glanced at myself in the full-length mirror that someway and somehow managed to fit in my bathroom and I put both my index finger and thumb on my chin. I don't know, that's what the people would call modeling, I assume? Haha. I can see why my friends and family always call me the clown of their lives. I have jokes and a nice sense of humor.

 I have jokes and a nice sense of humor

{{his outfit on the far left ^}}

I decided I'd call her up so I could know specifically when to start heading on out to the venue we're supposed to be meeting at. Honestly, as fun as the Signed Sober You tour has been, it's also been quite tough at times. That said, I am beyond blessed that I am getting this good month or so break. Maybe this will hopefully help me out in the long end. That's what I'm wishing for, anyways.

Hardy really wanted to ask me questions earlier and I really wasn't down to talk to him at the slightest. Now he's a really good guy, don't get me wrong, but his actions and how he's treating my best friend is not how I imagined. Ash can be a handful sometimes, yes I know, even I know that! But she's so sweet, caring, smart, and so, so much more. Was he just too blind to see that or what? I honestly have no idea, but that's what I'm thinking, personally.

I guess that was probably enough of me thinking those terrible thoughts of how Hardy treats and respects my best friend, but I sure hope he hasn't ever touched or hurt her in any kind of physical fashion, or there will be so much hell to pay, just he waits!

I grabbed my phone from my vest pocket and quickly dialed Ash's number. I know I could've just tapped a call button, but I am old-school and prefer typing in a phone number.

Finally, she picked up the phone, her sweet accent coming from the other end, "Jon, hi! How are you?"

"I'm great, how about yourself?" I asked back, leaning back on my couch.

"I'm doin' good. I'm really excited to hang out with you again! Are you ready to head on out?"

"Well, before we end up doin' that, do you just want to take an Uber, Lyft, or a cab? You can drive to my place or I can drive to yours and we call someone to pick us up. Neither one of us is goin' to be sober enough to drive home," I suggested.

It was silent for a moment and then she replied back, "Good deal and thinking from your part, JLang. I'll be heading out to your place now then. See you in a bit."