P A R T O N E

Ashland's POV:

It was Thursday, meaning that there is only one more day until the Signed Sober You Tour starts. This is my first big gig and tour I've ever done in my career so far. Oh, and it's a tour with my friend, Jon Langston, and my boyfriend, Hardy. I'm really excited but quite nervous at the same time.

All three of us were at Hardy's house to go over any last minute tour things. I was standing right beside Jon. Not going to lie, Jon was one of my first few friends I had when I first moved to Nashville. He's been there for me through so much, I honestly don't know where I'd be without him. As for Hardy, we just started dating not too long ago. Hardy is such a sweetheart. He definitely treats me very well.

"Ash! Were you even listenin' to a word I was sayin'?" Hardy asked me, his voice a lot louder than its ever been.

"No, sorry.. I was in my own world," I apologized, telling the truth. Hardy, or well Michael, his real name, scrunched up his nose and shook his head as he held his hand up.

"Anyways, I think at the encore of the show, all three of us should do a trio song. What song or songs do you think we should do? Any ideas?" He asked, clicking the pen over and over again.

"C'mon, Hardy. No need to be rude to Ashland. You know she can go into la la land a lot of the time. Stop being a dick," Jon defended me. I grinned softly at him.

"Stop accusing me of being a dick and maybe I won't be one. But no asked you, Jon," Hardy scoffed. Now there is one thing I do know for certain; you do not get rude with J. He can be pretty crazy when he's mad.

"Fucking dumbass," Jon muttered to me. I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh.

"I need a song or songs! Less whispering and secret telling and more songs," Hardy remarked, his phone lighting up. He quickly turned it off.

I'm not the type of girlfriend to look or snoop through my boyfriend's stuff but for some reason, for the first time in the whole time me and Michael have been together, I started to feel not good enough for him. But I'm going to try to push those feelings away. Maybe it's my mind tricking me into thinking I'm not good enough.

"What about Beer Never Broke My Heart by Luke Combs? No, wait, that's apart of Ash's setlist. Umm, wait! Let's do Lettin' The Night Roll by Justin Moore!" Jon chimed in. My uneasy facial expression soon turned into a bright smile as I nodded my head. I was digging Jon's choices, not going to lie.

"Hmm, any other ideas? And yes that's on her setlist. You would know if you actually paid attention," Hardy tried to defend me.

"Boys! Be nice, damn. Let's do Country State Of Mind by Hank Williams Jr. If that's not good enough for you, Michael, then we can do Crazy Town by Jason Aldean. What about those choices?"

"Hmm," Hardy hummed. "I like those choices. We'll do three or four encore songs all together. Does that sound okay with you, Jon and Ashland?"

We both nodded our heads. I was about to climb off of the chair that was at the bar in the kitchen when I felt Jon's hand cup my shoulder. It scared me because I wasn't expecting it at all.

"Hey, me and Ash are goin' to have a talk outside. We'll be right back, bud," Jon informed my boyfriend and Hardy just nodded his head while Jon drug me out of the house and onto the front porch.