P A R T F O R T Y S E V E N

Jon's POV:

Today is the damn day.. It's Thanksgiving! This holiday is pretty dang cool considering I can be lazy, eat a lot, and watch football.. However, today's going to be different.. Here's why!

After a lot of back and forth, I found the one, ring-wise! I'm going to propose to Ashland while we're at her parents' house in Piedmont. This was the surprise she wasn't supposed to know about the other week when I accidentally mentioned it before that concert we went to on the 13th. The only people who know about this is Ashland's dad, and nobody else.

I went as far as inviting Johnny out to Nashville and had lunch with the man. That's kind of how, when, and where I asked him for hand in marrying his daughter.. It wasn't the most easiest conversation me and her dad have partook in, but that's understandable as Ash is his only daughter.. However, he did reassure me that I'm the best for Ashland, so that made me feel a lot better than ever before about asking for his hand to marry her.

Oh my God, this is so damn nerve racking! What if she says no? What if she hates the ring? What if it's too soon? All of those what ifs keep driving me crazy! It doesn't help that in a few short hours, I'm going to be doing the dang thing!

I woke up at 5am- way before Ash did and got myself ready for the holiday and the upcoming things that are to happen today.. Man, Thanksgiving sure did come upon us real quickly. Before me or Ashland will know it, it's going to be 2021 and we'll be welcoming our babies into the world.

Low-key though, I'm super nervous about the birth of Georgia and Carolina only because this world is crazy, and considering mine and Ashland's exes, things could get out of hand real quickly.. I don't know, perhaps it's all in my head, but my fears are stupid and non-important, so I never tend to shed any kind of light or attention onto them.

I got out of the shower and rapidly got dressed, not having a care in the world about my hair for the time being. It needs to dry and then maybe I'll put a hat on... Maybe being the key word, of course.

{{Jon's outfit! also, my friend, meganmooney took this, so all of the credit goes to her!}}

Though it is so early right now, I heard all kinds of commotion going on from downstairs so I went down there to investigate and see what on earth was happening this early in the morning.

Once downstairs, the sounds that I was hearing from the upstairs bathroom was soon revealed to be coming from the kitchen, which was what I was expecting, considering it is Thanksgiving. Man, between Ashland's parents and my parents, we're going to eating so good today!