P A R T F O R T Y T H R E E

Jon's POV:

"Whenever I'm done healing and everything after giving birth, we totally should do matching tattoos! Not our names since you never know what can happen in the future. What do you think of that, handsome?" Ashland asked, her smile growing brighter than it ever has before.

Honestly, the conversation topic about tattoos kind of came out of nowhere, but it didn't bother me in the slightest- it excites me to have someone to discuss tattoos with! Ashland is also obsessed with getting her fix of ink, so that could lead to trouble as our lives go on. Ha, did that accidentally slip out of my mouth at the wrong time?

"That would be so fantastic! We could get somethin' simple like possibly the date we had got together- March 10th, 2020 and alongside the date, we could add a little heart or some other unique shape next to it? I don't suppose you already have some ideas in that pretty mind of yours, do you?" I suggested, keeping my arm around her neck as the two of us were cuddled up on the couch.

I finally have a day off from the studio which is rare come to think of it, haha. That, and I haven't been to Freya's jewelry place out in Gallatin in about two-ish weeks. Making that long drive to and from there every day took its toll on a person like me, without a doubt.

But the reasoning on why I haven't been out there in the last two weeks is because I had finally picked out the one! The one, ring-wise! Man, it's a stunning rock! Whenever I plan on popping the big question to Ash, I've gotta make sure it's special for the both of us, but mainly make it special for her since this is such an important moment in her life. It's an important moment in my life too, but again, mainly for her.

Some say it'd be too soon to be thinking of settling down as we have only been together for only seven months, but in my honest opinion, if it's true love, then who is it for anyone to judge? Exactly! It's absolutely no one's business when or where it'll happen.

Being with Ashland for the last seven months has been the most amazing thing that's probably ever happened in my life. If anyone would have told me at the beginning of this year, before the Signed Sober You Tour that I'd be dating my girl best friend, I totally would've laughed and said you were full of shit. This is a life that was only in my dreams- or so I thought. A very thankful and blessed man is exactly what I am!

"Well, no, not really. I have been thinking a lot about it though and just now brought it up! Anyway, Halloween is coming up next week on Saturday! Can we pretty please get matching costumes?! Please? I know it's cheesy and definitely not your thing, but wouldn't it be cute? If your answer is yes, I will show you screenshots and you choose your favorite!" Ash then began talking about Halloween costumes.

It made me giggle over the sole fact that she was able to go from talking about tattoos to costumes within a minute or two of us talking. We certainly hop around when it comes to conversation topics. But hey, that's just one of those things that make a human unique, yeah?

"Sure," I answered shortly. "What kind of ideas for costumes did you have in mind? If it's somethin' cheesy, then my sure will become a no very quickly. Just a little FYI for you. But in all seriousness though, which ones do you have saved on your phone?"

Ashland smiled brightly after the word sure had rolled off of my lips, "Eek! See, I knew I could convince you! Anyway, I am so super glad you asked! I have silly and fun ones, then I have pretty and cute ones; which would you like to see first, handsome?"