P A R T F O R T Y E I G H T

Ashland's POV:

Jon had his head laid up on my lap as my fingers ran through his brown colored follicles. He hasn't been feeling good the past two days, so we've been lazy and all cozied up at home while binge-watching one of J's favorite tv shows; The Office.

It makes him laugh and actually keeps him occupied. It sucks that he's getting sick, but it was the inevitable.. To make a long story short, Jon was out in a deer stand all day a few days ago and by the end of the night, he complained of a runny nose and chills. Today is one of those days where the sickness is hitting him harder than the last two days.

Yes, this poor boy has been dealing with this cold for three days now! It sucks to see him in so much pain and everything, but I'm trying my hardest to nurse him back to health in the best ways I know how. So far, it seems to be working only a little bit. Perhaps if I make him some soup, that'd help? Duh, genius idea, myself! I know what I'll be doing for dinner tonight, haha.

The tv show's theme song was playing once again and that told me that another episode had auto played without my knowledge. However, if you were to ask me, I don't think that Jon is paying any attention at all to the show considering he did fall asleep pretty quickly.

Since J was fast asleep, I carefully took his head off of my lap and placed it carefully down onto the couch cushion after I had got off of the couch. It's best to cook dinner earlier than to not. And it does give me something somewhat productive to do, so that isn't such a horrible thing.

I soon waddled my eight month pregnant self into the kitchen and began rummaging to find all the stuff I need in order to whip up some soup. Not only am I making it because J is sick, but because it sure is cold outside! In my opinion, soup is a great meal to eat during the winter time.

After making a lot of accidental unnecessary noises from getting things out of the cabinets, I began putting some broth into the pot and let it simmer under low heat on the stovetop before putting in the other ingredients. Ugh, hopefully those loud banging noises didn't wake Jon up. He needs rest now more than ever before; it'd kill me if I messed up his rest and or sleep.

Since the ingredients couldn't be put into the pot until the broth was boiled and warmed up a bit, I went back into the living room and leaned on the backside of the couch. Not in a creepy way, but I did watch over J as he slept. He didn't seem to be phased from the horrific noises I just made a few minutes ago.

My hands were placed on the back of the couch and that's when my eyes darted toward my engagement ring that's on my left hand. Gosh! I actually cannot stop staring at it! The ring is almost as perfect as my fiancé who picked it out for me. The pear-shape is so unique! Ironically, it's my favorite cut when it comes to diamond rings.. Honestly, Jon could've proposed with a Ring Pop and I would have still said yes!

The best thing about the ring is that it isn't huge and gaudy looking. It's perfect size, it's beautiful, and I wear it proudly every second of every single day. Planning a wedding definitely wasn't something I had in my life plans, but like Thomas Rhett sings; life changes! Becoming a mom and wife is my biggest goal right now, in personal life goals. As for my goals in my music career, that's a different story, haha.

He began moving in his sleep and that's when he finally awakened and he whined softly. That's how he acts when he's sick, hurt, or doesn't feel good; he whines and pouts about it, but that's understandable.