P A R T T H I R T Y F O U R

Jon's POV:

When turning around in bed, I didn't have Ashland next to me, but Whitley and Dolly. Where on earth was she? That's interesting, normally she's always in bed with me. In fact, she wakes up after I do, so that's really odd. She doesn't hate me does she? Nah, Ash wouldn't and definitely doesn't hate me. Maybe she had some important thing to attend to. But early in the morning like this? Let me go check my phone. Maybe she sent me a text saying where she was? I'm worried, honestly...

Since that gave me a good idea to check my phone, I picked it up off the nightstand and sure enough, she did text me.

Ashland🥰🤪:

Good morning, my handsome. ❤️ I'm so hoping you're having an amazing morning/day whenever you wake up (obviously no judgement, sleep as much as you, your heart, and body desires/needs)! I'll be home as soon as possible. I had an urgent appointment to go to this morning, and I wasn't trying to wake you up early, as you've been in and out of the studio, and everything else. Anyway, you don't get into any trouble while I'm away. Kidding, kidding. I love you! ❤️

Ahh, it makes more sense now. At least she's okay. Ash knows that I worry like a madman, especially when it comes to her. I've seen Ashland at her lowest and it's a hard thing for not only her to go through, but for me as well. When she's in pain, that pain is also felt by me. Yeah, it sounds dumb, but it's true. It really is the truth.

Since it had been two or three hours since she sent that message, I texted her back rather quickly. She could be done with her "urgent appointment" for all I know. But the only thing that matters is that she's safe, okay, and everything else.

Jon🤠🌟:

Good late morning, Ashy cash. Sorry for the late response, I was out like a damn lamp, yesterday was tiring, helping out my dad out with him and my mom's new house, it was rough, and I'm hurting all over. That's why I woke up late. 😂

I'll see you when you get home. I love you to the moon, stars, sun, galaxy, and back. I always have will and always will. Stay extra safe! ❤️

Well, here's to hoping that whatever appointment Ash had to attend to went well for her and everything. There's nothing to worry about, definitely not. It's just the way my brain is, it automatically makes me think the worse, when it's absolutely far from that.

Since she'd probably be a few more hours until coming home, I decided to get up and be productive today. Or at least get some stuff done around the house, and outside too.. Maybe, if I'm lucky enough to get to the outdoor part, haha.

**

I was in the midst of getting the last bit of the kitchen mopped up and that's when my phone started ringing like crazy. It rang more than once, actually. Who in the hell needed me so bad that they had to call twice? God, if it's Ash, here's me praying that she's okay. There goes my mind going to the worst case scenario, ugh...

With me swiping the answer thing at the bottom of my phone screen, my ears heard the most beautiful voice on the other end of the line. It made me melt- in a good way, duh.

"Hi, handsome. So my appointment that I was telling you about over text message earlier and everything, it's taking a bit longer than intended, but as soon as everything's wrapped up here, I'll be on my way home," Ashland informed me. "Speaking of home, what have you been up to since I've been out and about, huh?"