P A R T F I F T E E N

Ashland's POV:

My eyes fluttered and then I soon opened them. The sun wasn't shining at all. It must be gearing up to rain today. Hey, that's not bad at all. I personally like rainy days.

I was just about to turn over in my bed when I felt my arm draped around another figure. Oh shit, I totally forgot that Jon drove up to my house, spilled his heart and soul out to me, as did I, and I guess he stayed the night. It makes the most sense. I'm guessing I had one too many glasses of wine last night, early this morning. Oops, haha. I didn't even think I made it to bed, but I assume I did, it isn't like I'm laying in it right now.

Literally right when I was about to get up off the bed, Jon mumbled quietly and his arms then became around my frame, thus him pulling me closer.

"Babe- I meant.. Dammit, Jon, let me go. Pretty please? I need to go pee and quite frankly, I don't want to wet my bed today. That wasn't in the schedule," I laughed softly as I squirmed a little. But evidently, he still held me captive.

"Don't go anywhere, I don't want to be away from you right now. You feel so warm and I'm so cold, please stay.. Everyone and everything I ever love always leaves.."

Did this boy really just guilt trip me? Who am I kidding, he didn't guilt trip in the slightest. I just hate that he feels like everything's out of reach. Like love, forever, and things like that. I wish I was able to give him that love, that forever, that peace that he oh so wants and desires. Oh, and deserves. He deserves the whole world! If only he knew...

"It's okay, Jonny boy. Ashy cash is here. I promise. I guess I can stay in bed a little longer. I'd do anything for you, handsome," I then turned to face Jon and he looked sleepy, despite him already being asleep for around nine hours or something like that.

"Mmm, okay.. Thank you, I hate being away from you. I told you this last night," Jon looked into my eyes. I was struggling to keep mine open. I'm still a little tired. That, or I'm just trying to wake up still.

I gently plopped Jon's head onto my chest and my fingers started to run through his hair. This is the type of affection and attention I would kill to give this man daily. Endless snuggles, love and sweet touches. We may not be together, but that man is my baby! Like literally, that's how I've always thought of him. He's also my Jon bear. That nickname comes from his unbeatable bear hugs he gives me. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

As I was playing with Jon's hair, I heard him lightly whisper something. I couldn't t-totally make out what he had said. I want to know, but at the same time, I don't want it to seem like I'm nosy, because it's far from that.

With my fingers entangled within his soft hair, I started to softly sing to him. His own song too, When It Comes To Loving You. That's one of my favorite songs he's ever sang. I don't know what it is about the song that makes me drawn to it, but I'm freakin' obsessed!

"Ash, don't stop playin' with my hair. It feels so good.." Jon softly whispered to me. "I love you, my best friend. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. You really saved my life. I can't thank you enough for that. My life is brighter and livelier with you in it. I thank the Lord each and every morning and night for you."

My lips trembled and down came two tears from my eyes. Those teardrops dropped onto his head, his hair soaking up the very warm tears. What he doesn't know is that he saved me. I didn't think I was going to make it Nashville and doing all the singing and songwriting thing. I literally didn't think I had it in me. But having J take me under his wing and show me the ropes with everything, it honestly means the whole world to me. Career wise, I wouldn't be here without Jon. Life wise, I most definitely wouldn't be here without Jon and the man upstairs, obviously. I love, love, love the absolute hell out of that man. He makes me the happiest girl in the whole world!