13 She is his wife...after all...

Part 13 She is his wife...after all...

Arnav was lying down on the bed, thinking about what Khushi asked him. She asked him about what to answer Shreya but she didn't question him about Shreya. Doesn't she feel bad about it? Or, doesn't she want to show it out? Don't know what Shreya told Khushi about him... didn't Khushi truly tell Shreya that she is his wife? Yes, Khushi would not have told her... if she would have told Shreya about it, Shreya had spread it all over the office. If not Shreya... Lavanya would have done that. Why this girl (Khushi) is like this? What does she want? What is her perception of their married life? He couldn't understand anything.

The next morning

Arnav saw Khushi in the kitchen. She turned behind, hearing Arnav's voice

"Let me cook... you are the one who cooked yesterday too..." Arnav said.

"That's ok... let me contribute something from my side for this family... correction... for this house..."

Arnav was not that dumb not to understand the difference between FAMILY and HOUSE. Though they are husband and wife they were not in the terms of the family that needs emotions and feelings. This is just a house that contains only bricks and cement. That's what she hinted at.

She saw Arnav still standing behind her. She looked at him and felt like, he was hesitating to say something. She raised her brows.

"Oh... that girl..."

Khushi understood he was talking about Shreya. She waited, giving him time.

"She... working in our office..."

Khushi wondered... why does he even hesitate to take her name? She decided to help him but not so soon.

"Lavanya...?"

"No... the other one..."

"Oh... Shreya..."

"Yeah... She roams behind me and proposed to me... ( he paused for a while) and you know me... ( she raised her eyebrows getting amazed. Does she know about him?) I have not given heed to her...ever..." He stopped and read her expression.

"But... why are you telling me everything now?" She asked him the million-dollar question which made Arnav strike.

Why does he feel to tell her about Shreya? What is the reason for his explanation of Shreya's matter? Arnav looked here and there frowning.

"I just..."

He left the place hurriedly.

Khushi stood smilingly. After preparing breakfast and lunch, she got ready for the office. Taking her lunch box and handbag, she left the house half an hour before Arnav because she has to go by bus. Arnav was taking a bath when Khushi left the house. He came out of the room getting ready and sensed her absence. He saw his lunch bag is kept on the tea table. He sighed.

His confusion raised more. Khushi was not ready to go to her mother's place back. She got a job in the same company in which he is working. She didn't declare that she is married. She said she would be loyal to her husband... and love him unconditionally... She was keeping the words she gave him. She is not disturbing him... she doesn't ask him anything about his personal matter... how long could she be like this? Is it even possible for her to be like this forever? Arnav felt guilty.

He had been leading a satisfactory life with his solitary. He never felt bored to be alone. There was nothing in his mind. His mind was thoughtless just like crystal clear water. But now... after Khushi came into his life, his thoughts got occupied by Khushi. He was not even getting a peaceful sleep. He has been always thinking about her. Until she is here, with him, he can't be peaceful. He has to try something to send her back. He decided something. After she comes from the office in the evening, he would do that.