62 Third Person

Part 62 Third Person

Khushi was shocked, seeing Purna on Arnav's chest. Arnav also was horrified as he didn't expect such a reaction from the girl. He pushed her from him. Purna looked at him and then Khushi.

"I am sorry Bhaiyaji... I am sorry Didi... Lakhs of thanks for your timing help..." she said embarrassingly, looking down.

Khushi nodded her head and left the place hurriedly. Arnav followed her to the parking lot. Arnav removed the center lock of the car with the remote. Khushi sat inside and Arnav drove off the AM Designs.

Arnav was stealing Khushi's glance from time to time more than he concentrated on the road. She looked rigid and watched outside, without uttering a single word. Arnav felt awkward. Though it was not his mistake he understood her mindset. Any wife, who was in her position would react like that. Which wife would like to see someone in her husband's arms? Just a few days ago she opened her heart up about how much possessive she was with him. Today, Purna provoked the possessiveness that Khushi was suppressing within.

They reached the cloud nine apartments all the way silent.

When they came to their house, Arnav clutched her upper arms and turned her towards him.

"Khushi why are you not talking to me?" he asked helplessly.

She nodded NO and tried to leave the place.

"Khushi, what was my mistake? She might have done that in the overwhelming sensation... please don't take it seriously..."

"Arnavji, I don't like if you take someone's side when she is not right," she said softly.

He cupped her face.

"Khushi, she calls me bhaiya..."

"But she is not your blood sister, Arnavji"

"Is it even make sense?"

"Doesn't it?"

"She calls me Baiyaji which means she considers me as her brother... didn't we see; she belongs to a conservative family?"

"No conservative woman would hug a man in public even though if he is her brother"

"Khushi..."

"Arnavji, we are arguing over something we do not fault at. We have been standing with each other in every problem that tried to knock us out so far."

Arnav gulped down. He tried to say something, but Khushi stopped him.

"Arnavji, please don't argue with me for someone's sake. I can't tolerate if you give importance to someone over me..."

"Khushi I am not giving importance to someone over you. I will never do that because no one is more important to me than you. You know that... not even my mother..."

"I would not have cared if the person who hugged you is your mother... understand the difference..." she went to the room with a weary expression.

Arnav sighed helplessly.

Khushi ate dinner silently. Arnav felt bad. He waited until she finished eating dinner. She washed her hand. Arnav blocked her way.

"Arnavji, let me go" She tried to go.

"Khushi you know very well I'm more possessive than you. I don't like it if you stop talking to me or if you avoid me. I can't let you be rigid for someone's sake" Arnav said suppressing his anger.

In no time, he scooped her in his arms and walked to their room. He kept her on the bed.

"Arnavji, I have no mood to do romance with you..." she said in a mild tone.

"So what if you don't have a mood? I have enough mood to create a mood in you. I know how to do that..."

"Arnavji..."

Cutting her,

"Khushi, I don't want any problem between us because of a third person. I can't stand if you are upset with me"

"I'm not upset with you. I just don't feel anything good" she said vulnerably.

"Don't you feel good?" Arnav asked regretfully.

"Who else other than you could be good for me?"

"I love you so much... Love me as I do"

"That's what I'm doing... I'm exactly loving you just like you do... possessively... Seriously... Intensely..."

"If it is true... nothing would stop you... please, baby... cheer up... please don't bring any damn person between us..."

She nodded yes...

"Smile..."

She smiled.

"That's my baby"

He laid down, circling her waist. Khushi looked at him. Arnav smiled.

"That's all?" she asked.

"What?"

"I thought you will love me" She pouted.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"I didn't expect you will get compromised..."

"Never... I'm not compromised but considered you. I always want you. But today, the choice is yours. I will go with your choice..." he waited.

"I want you to sleep on my chest..."

"This is a punishment..." Arnav sighed.

Khushi chuckled. He placed his face on her chest, hugging her. No need to say Arnav could not stand for long. He excused himself and started his job... no need to say Khushi didn't oppose him... as usual.

The next day

Arnav made sure to keep his distance from Purna. But, she too maintained the same distance from him that made Arnav relieved. That continued and Arnav almost had forgotten the incident. He noticed that Purna was spending her time with Akash. She asked her doubts only from Akash. Akash also started clearing her doubts with interest. A few times, Arnav saw her blushing in front of Akash. The office staff began to gossip about them. She went to Arnav's cabin only in the unavoidable situation. Arnav understood that.

Yet... Khushi was keeping her eye on Purna, especially when she went to Arnav's cabin. Don't know why Khushi could not take her action easily. Trust cannot remain the same if it was broken once. That was what happened in Khushi's matter. She didn't like Purna's action. The next week went smoothly. Arnav and Khushi became normal completely.

After a week, when Khushi crossed Purna's cubicle, she stopped, listening to Purna's voice. Khushi saw through the glass wall of the cubicle. She was talking on the phone with her friend.

"Yeah... I like him very much. He is the only fetching man in this office" she said looking somewhere.

Khushi looked in the direction where Purna was looking at. She was horrified, seeing Arnav standing there, checking a file that was in his hand.

"...."

"He looks damn handsome. You know he can be admired a whole day. His lips are so attractively thick and pinkish. I will definitely get him by hook or by crook. I will do anything to get him..." She said dreamingly yet firmly.

Khushi went to her cabin thoughtfully. How should she take that? In what means Purna said that? Did she really talk about Arnavji? Or, she talked about someone and it was she, who was thinking too much? Khushi saw her own hands shivering and felt some awkward sensation in her stomach that she could not bear. An unknown fear occupied her heart that made it beat faster.

To be continued...