Epilogue

Epilogue

It was Khushi's fifth month. Arnav was waiting outside the Sonography room of the City hospital. Khushi was called in side to do Scanning. Arnav was not so nervous but nervous...! He was tensed about the baby's growth. Though Khushi was healthy he would be relaxed only after knowing about it through the scan report.

Arnav saw Khushi coming out of the sonography room with worried field face. That made him worried.

"What happened, Khushi? Is everything alright?" he asked panicking.

Khushi nodded yes.

"Then why are you looking worried?" he asked.

"It's because your wish won't come true Arnavji" she said feeling distraught.

"What do you mean?" He became thoughtful.

"Yes, Arnavji what you are planning won't happen" she gasped.

"But, you said our baby it's fine...?"

"Of course, THEY are fine"

"THEY? Are they twins?" Arnav asked curiously.

Khushi nodded NO sadly.

"Are they triplets?"

Khushi again nodded no.

"Then? What's the matter Khushi? Tell me damn it"

"They are PNACHA PANDAVAS Arnavji"

(Pancha Pandavas are the five brothers who are the main characters in one of the Indian epics Mahabarata)

"Whaaat? " He shouted forgetting the place he was standing in.

Khushi nodded yes sadly, while showing FIVE fingers. Arnav was thunder struck. FIVE children? He stood horror struck.

"We will get the report tomorrow" she said.

"Five?"

"Yes. You were planning to send two children to Raizadas and two children to Guptas. But now, one will remain with us. What will we do now, Arnavji?" she sighed.

Arnav gulped down hard.

"How can we drop four children out of five to our parents? How could we keep only one with us? Won't it be partial?" She asked worriedly.

Arnav didn't know what to say.

"I have to go to the washroom. I will be back. You go" Khushi said.

Arnav sat on the chair thinking deep. Khushi went to the washroom. After a while, she walked out of the hospital.

Arnav waited for her.

"Are we getting late?" Khushi asked.

Arnav nodded NO.

"Savitha will get upset if we go late" Khushi said

"Mmm"

"Who is with Aman?"

"NK and Akash are there with Aman"

"Then Lavanya will be waiting for my company in the wedding hall"

"Mmm..."

"No no, I have forgotten. she went to the beauty parlour with Savitha. Actually, Savitha wanted me to come to parlour. Do you know why?"

"Why?" He asked with disinterest.

"She wants me to be beautiful in her wedding. That's why"

"You will always be beautiful even without makeup. You don't need makeup at all" Arnav said even though he was out of mood.