71 The party

Part 71 The Party

Arnav locked the door and sat on the bed, making face. Khushi sat beside him, touching his shoulder.

"Why are you looking upset?" she asked.

Arnav looked at her, like, don't you know?

"Let them be here for a few days. Then we will send them back" she said.

"I will surely do it" he lay down on the bed.

Khushi also lay facing him and caressed his face.

"I don't know how you are going to bring up our son without fighting with him" she smiled.

Arnav hugged her without a smile on his face. But he was careful. He didn't put weight on her stomach.

"Arnavji..."

"Mmm?"

"You are so cute" she chuckled.

Arnav smiled mildly.

"Don't be upset"

"I'm not"

"Really?"

"Mmm"

"Good boy"

"I know what to do"

"What are you going to do?"

"Wait and watch..."

"Please, don't do anything to hurt them, Arnavji"

"I will try"

Khushi sighed. Don't know what he was going to do. She slept hugging him.

The next morning

Arnav woke up earlier and came to the kitchen after getting fresh. He saw Arvind and Shashi sleeping on the couches. He went to the kitchen and prepared coffee for him and Khushi. When he came out of the kitchen with the cups, he saw Garima coming out of the guest room. he smiled at her.

"You could have wakened me up, Damadji..."

"That's ok, aunty. It's not new to me and you know that"

Smiling at her, he went to his room.

Garima started preparing breakfast and lunch for Arnav and Khushi. They got ready for the office and had breakfast.

"There is a party in our office today evening. We won't come for the dinner. You guys don't wait for us" Arnav said.

Khushi stopped eating but not looked at him.

"What party, Chotte?" Arvind asked.

"We bagged the big deal. That's why..."

"Ohh..."

Arnav stood finishing breakfast.

"Khushi, eat lunch on time," Garima said, giving her the lunch bag.

"You don't worry, aunty. I will make her eat" Arnav said.

They left the house. Arnav started the car. Khushi was looking at him firmly.

"Whaaat?"

"the much I know, there is no party in our office," She said reading his face.

"So?"

"Is this what you are going to do?"

"you don't want me to hurt them... then what can I do?"

Khushi sat straight, making face.