32 Utter Change

Part 32 Utter Change

Arnav was driving the car furiously. How dare she go leaving him! Even after what happened between them, won't she be controlled? He thought she won't go against him if they start their married life but this girl is making him fuss. He annoyed.

That's when his phone rang. He rolled his eyes, seeing MOM flashing. That's when something kicked his mind. Damn... this is the only day he never forgets to call her... that is Ratna's Birthday. Arnav used to call her in the morning immediately after waking up. Today he forgot to call her in his wife's nearness. He attended the call.

"Happy Birthday, Mom" he wished her.

"This is not done Chotte. I have been waiting for your call since 5'o clock. This is the only day you remember me... today, that too is gone" she said disappointedly.

Arnav thought something and said,

"Don't blame me but your daughter-in-law..." he said intentionally.

"What does she do with this?" Ratna was really confused.

"She is the one who made me forget you"

Ratna was silent what is he talking about? He already fought with her not to interfere in their matter. She didn't know whether she should ask him about it or not.

"Mom... why are you silent? I'm talking about an important matter and you are silent... Be responsible..." he literally teased her.

Ratna was like, From when Arnav started talking tasingly?

"Chotte... I really don't know what to do... what if you scold me for interfering in your personal matter?" she didn't say that for teasing.

"You can't interfere with my personal matter anymore. I have made my way..."

"Made your way? What does that mean?"

"Leave it... you can't understand..."

"Chotte, Chotte, tell me how Khushi made you forget my birthday," she asked could not hold herself.

"We slept late last night..." he said without hesitating.

Ratna got stuck for a few seconds.

"Were you guys busy with your office work?" she asked composing herself.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"We were busy with each other," he said smirking.

Ratna hiccupped. Is that true or he was telling this with any intention?

"Ok, tell me, what do you want, granddaughter or grandson?" he asked, seriously.

That was the big blow to Ratna. Is it really Arnav talking?

"Are you going to ADOPT a child or what?" she asked unbelievably yet teasingly.

"Ask your dear Bahu whether we are going to adopt..."

"Chotte... you know, you should not talk to your mother like this," she said controlling her joy.

"Oh, really? A woman asked her daughter-in-law to show PROGRESS in her wedding life. I just am doing that. is this progress enough or...?"

"Chotte, please call me after ten minutes and check whether I'm alright... I may get a heart attack"

"Don't worry. You will live long with your grandchildren. Dad will get retired in two years. Com to Mumbai and be happy with your grandchildren"

Though Ratna could not believe that stance made Ratna emotional. Arnav is talking not only about children but also about their future. She never expected Arnav wanted them to be with him.