Chapter 3

Jessica's POV

"Jess, can you come downstairs please?" My dad shouted from downstairs.

I groaned and left my bedroom, I headed downstairs and looked up at my dad.

"Yes?" I mumbled.

"This is Liz, my fiance" my gaze shifted to a woman, who was beautiful may I add. She also looked around my dads age probably younger but I felt rude if I asked.

"Hi Liz" I greeted with a smile.

"Hello Jess, welcome to our home" I smiled at the kind welcoming and she held her arms open and gestured for me to hug her.

Awkwardly, I accepted the hug and I suddenly felt less shy, she seemed like such a great mother and a role model.

The door opened and a tall blonde boy strolled in.

I feel tiny, their all so tall.

"Ah, Luke!" The tallest boy spun on his heels and he was REALLY good looking..

"Hey mum" he hugged her and gave me a confused glance when he pulled away.

"Who.. Is that?" the sound of his arm being slapped filled the awkward silence that was now upon us.

"This is Jess, your step sister that I told you about" he rolled his eyes and groaned.

"I thought you were joking about that!" He groaned and walked over to me.

"Hello" he spat sarcastically.

Jerk.

"Hi" I muttered before diverting my eyes away from him completely.

That must be a new record! He got me to hate him faster than anyone else has before.

"Luke! Be nice for goodness sake!" Liz scolded but he didn't seem to care, I quickly ran back upstairs and closed my bedroom door, I fell onto my bed and sighed.

I bit my lip and decided to gaze out of the window.

*

"Dinner!" My dad called, I slowly headed out of my bedroom and walked straight into Luke.

I groaned and moved past him.

"Someone gained some confidence" I rolled my eyes and kept walking ahead of him.

We all sat down around the dinner table except my two older brothers weren't here, it was just me, Liz, Luke and my dad.

Spaghetti.

I ate my food at a slower pace than everyone else because what's the point in rushing it, you will just get hungry again.

I finished last obviously and I finished my drink, I stood up and gathered the plates and took them into the kitchen for Liz.

"She's a lovely young girl" I overheard Liz say.

I smiled and put the plates into the dishwasher and switched it on as it was full from previous meals.

I turned around to see Luke, his nose was scrunched and he was giving me one of the most dirtiest looks I have ever received.

"What?" I spat.

"Are you American?" I nodded and he narrowed his eyes slightly before opening them up again.

"Are the girls at school.. Ya' know.. Slutty?" He chuckled causing me to groan.

"Come on! Their teenagers most of them are slutty, even some of the nerds are!" He laughed.

"Well I'm sorry for not knowing that since I moved here today!" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled again.

"Look, tomorrow pretend we don't know each other" my eyes widened and my lips parted slightly.

"Why? Are you embarrassed for having me as your step sister?" I folded my arms and he nodded.

I bit the inside of my cheek and narrowed my eyes.

"Wow Luke" I mumbled and shoved past him to go upstairs.

I went into my bedroom and entered the bathroom which was attached and switched the shower on, I washed my hair with vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner. I washed my body with some shower gel and I quickly got out.

I dried my hair and plaited it all into two French braids.

I put on an abstract onesie and got into bed, I put my phone on charge and fell asleep almost instantly.