Chapter 5

Jessica's POV

"Oh hello Talia!" How does my 'mum' know her?

"Hi Mrs hemmings.."

"Jess, why are we here? This is Luke Hemmings' house" my eyes darted over to Luke and he stepped forward.

"I uh- invited her" I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen.

I greeted Liz and Ben and I also wondered where Jack was.

"Did you have a good first day?" I nodded and smiled.

Talia entered the kitchen and she still looked slightly confused but I didn't exactly know what to say since Luke wouldn't allow me to tell anyone.

"Do you know where your dad is?" I shook my head and bit my lip.

"Jess, can I speak to you?" I nodded and followed Talia out of the kitchen and into the living room where Luke and 3 of his friends were sat, Michael and Ashton and another one with brown eyes and brown hair.

"Luke, how does your mum know Jess?" My eyes widened.

"She's" he sighed, "my stepsister". Everyone looked at him in shock, even me.

"What happened to 'pretend we don't know each other'?" I put air quotations around what he said before.

He shrugged and sat down beside Ashton.

"I was in the locker room today and this guy was saying that your hot, so stay away from him!" I raised one eyebrow and sat down on the couch in between Michael and the unfamiliar boy.

"How can I stay away from someone that I don't know?" He shrugged and leant back into the sofa.

"Just stay away from everyone" I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to Liz.

Ben had now disappeared.

"How was your first day?" she asked.

"It was okay" I shrugged and sat down beside the island and began to flick through a magazine that was sitting on the counter.