Chapter 4

Jessica's POV

I woke up and went into my bathroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth quickly before getting into my bedroom and opening my closet doors.

I put on some black matching underwear and pulled on my denim high waisted jeans and a black lace crop top, I slipped my feet into some black ankle socks before pulling on my black heeled boots.

I brushed my hair and it created a wavy effect from the braids that were in it previously.

I put on some concealer and foundation followed by some light eyeshadow and black eyeliner and black mascara, I traced my eyebrows and put on some light pink lipstick.

I grabbed my iPhone and my bag that I had decided to take to school with me, I quickly sprayed some perfume and headed downstairs.

"Wow" Luke smirked when I entered the kitchen, I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"You don't look that bad today" I rolled my eyes again and left the house with Luke not far behind.

"You dont know where your going so wait" he caught up with me and panted slightly.

*
"Walk in now, I'll be in after. Remember you don't know me" I groaned at his stupid words and headed inside the large school.

Of course I earned a few looks but right now I couldn't care less.

I got into the school office and waited patiently for someone to assist me.

"Hi, I'm Jessica Hemmings.." I didn't exactly like the new surname I had gained but whatever makes my dad happy I guess.

The office lady handed me the books I will need, my timetable and a map of the school showing me where my locker and my classrooms were.

I thanked her before turning on my heel and heading down the hallway to find my locker.

259..260..261!

I unlocked my locker using the combination I had been given and I quickly checked my timetable to see what books I would need.

Maths, RE, Science, English and Drama.

It looks like a good day to be honest, I smiled and placed the books I needed into my bag and left the rest inside my locker along with my lunch.

I closed my locker and put my bag onto my shoulder and followed the map to my maths class, I bumped into someone and I quickly apologised.

I looked up and met eyes with of course, Luke Hemmings.

"Watch where your going" he chuckled.

"Stop being horrible! I'm sorry, I don't know what has gotten into him today, I'm Michael" I'm guessing Michael was Luke's friend, I smiled and greeted him.

"I'm jess." I mumbled and shook his outstretched hand.

"Okay, come on Michael" Luke dragged him away and I just giggled to myself before entering my maths classroom.

"You must be Jessica, right?" My teacher asked, I quickly nodded and he pointed towards an empty desk in the back corner.

I ignored the stares I was getting and focused on getting to my seat, I took out my maths book and put my bag underneath my desk.

"Jessica huh?" I turned my head and my eyes met a pair of brown eyes.

I nodded and looked down at my desk.

"I'm Talia" her long red hair cascaded down her shoulders and she had a black beanie pulled over the top.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled.

"Woah! Your american?" I nodded and giggled afterwards.

"Talia be quiet!" The teacher scolded causing us to both giggle to ourselves.

*

I looked up from my work and noticed a boy with hazel eyes and curly blonde hair leaning over my desk.

"Hello" I laughed.

"Ash leave her" Talia groaned.

"This is my lame ass brother Ashton" I laughed and shook his large hand.

"You don't look the same.." I pointed out, they both burst into laughter.

"I was kidding! He's lame though" I laughed and looked back at Ashton.

"I've seen you before"

"I only moved here the other day, how is that possible?" I laughed.

"Do you know Luke Hemmings?" My breath got caught in my throat and I quickly shook my head no.

He didn't seem to buy it but he turned around anyway.