Chapter 10

Jessica's POV

To:Talia
I won't be home for a few hours, Tyler's here. X

From:Talia
Okay, text me when your back so I can come over x

Tyler was waiting outside of Starbucks and I smiled to myself, I can't believe he's here.

He took my hand in his and he intertwined our fingers, we began to walk towards the beach which wasn't the best idea as neither of us were dressed for the beach.

"I've missed you so much, Kayla has started flirting with me and I needed to get away" I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder.

We were sat on the soft sand and it was just perfect, I know I shouldn't feel like this about my best friend but I have always felt like this and I don't know why.

It started in the 9th grade, he started being really sweet and he would never leave my side unless he was forced to by his parents. Other than that we were inseperable.

We told each other everything and we did almost everything together, he was my first kiss and my first crush. We have been best friends ever since our mums introduced us when we were about 4 years old.

He kissed my cheek and I instantly felt myself blushing.

"That was for earlier" I nodded and cuddled into him a little bit more.

"I cant believe your here Tyler"

"I missed you so much, I couldn't stay away from you any longer, I needed to be with you" I kissed his cheek and sighed happily.

"Also my family may have moved here" he spoke quickly, I gasped and looked into his eyes and he was being serious.

"I don't know what to say! I'm so happy!" I squealed and fell back onto the sand.

"Loser"

I gasped and smacked him.

"I hate you" he laughed at me.

My best friend has moved here, I finally have him back with me.

"Why did you move here so suddenly?" I asked and shielded my eyes from the blinding sun.

"My parents said that they didn't like how upset and lonely I was and my dad had a promotion anyway" I nodded and smiled.

His soft lips curved into a smile and I just wish I could kiss them, we have only kissed once before when we were 12 or 13 when we wanted to get our first kiss out of the way.

My heart beats faster when I'm with him or when I talk to him, he means the world to me and if I ever lost him I don't know what I would do.

From:Luke
Where are you? I just stopped at Starbucks with Ash and you weren't there?

From:Luke
Have you been kidnapped?

From:Luke
Are you dead?

From:Luke
You better not be dead.

"Oh crap" I mumbled.

"What's wrong beautiful?" Tyler asked.

"Luke stopped at Starbucks and saw I wasn't there and he thinks I'm dead" he chuckled and shook his head.

To:Luke
I'm fine! I'm with a friend I'll be home soon!

"I'll walk you home" I nodded and we dusted the sand off our clothes and began to walk back in the direction of my house.

Our hands were intertwined and everything about this moment was perfect.

"I'll see you tonight" I nodded and kissed his cheek before hugging him.

"Do you even know where Shawn's house is?" He shook his head and laughed.

"I have some friends on my street that will take me" I nodded and he gave me one last embrace before he headed off down the street.