Chapter 26

Jessica's POV

*Monday*

From:Cal
Baby, please can you tell Luke that I'll be late to band practice because I have detention xxxx

To:Cal
Why do you have detention? Xxxxx

From:Cal
I didn't do my homework. I didn't do my classwork and I got sent out because I was being 'rude' when I was stating a fact. Mrs Brown fucking hates me babe xxxxxx

To:Cal
Ah. Naughty Calum ;) xxxxx

From:Cal
Shut up. I hate you xxxx

To:Cal
Of course you do baby xxxxx

"Miss Hemmings get off your phone!" Mr Sampson yelled.

I have to admit I was startled at first. I looked up at my chemistry teacher and furrowed my eyebrows and then put my phone into my pocket.

"Talia" I whispered and leant over my desk.

"When is cheer leading?" I asked.

"3rd period" I nodded and thanked her.

"Miss Hemmings get out!" Mr Sampson yelled again.

I furrowed my eyebrows again and picked up my bag and headed towards the front of the room.

"You have a bad attitude today. Just go straight to Mr Davies" I rolled my eyes and left the classroom and headed down the hallway to find mr Davies' office.

"Hey" I giggled when I saw my boyfriend waiting outside Mr Davies' office.

"What are you here for?" He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I got sent out because I was texting you and I was talking to Talia" I laughed and rested my head on his chest.

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his lips quickly, he smiled and intertwined our fingers. I loved being around Cal, everything about him is perfect.

*

"Jessica. Can I speak to you please?" My dad spoke sternly once I finally got home from school and work.

"Yeah dad?"

"I got a call from your school today. Why were you sent out?" He narrowed his eyes at me, I haven't ever seen him like this and it was scaring me.

"I was texting in class. I knew I shouldn't have been but I had finished the work and I asked Talia when we had cheerleading practice and Mr Sampson sent me out!" I complained.

"You're grounded."

My mouth dropped and I walked a bit closer to him. The look in his eyes didn't look impressed and he looked like he was serious about his last words.

"What? Why? I haven't done it before and I won't do it again!"

"Jessica. You're grounded. Give me your phone" he held his hand out and I sighed and pulled me phone out of my pocket and turned it off and placed it into his hand.

"How long for?"

"A week." It isn't so bad I guess.

I nodded and quietly entered the kitchen and made myself a drink of water.

"I'm not happy with you. Jessica" Liz spoke quietly.

My eyes filled with tears and I rushed up the stairs accidently shoving one of my brothers out of the way and heading up to my bedroom. I dived onto my bed after locking the door and let out all of my tears.

My mum used to say things like that to me when I was in America. She would say that she wasn't happy with me or about how I was turning out. She said I was useless and I wasn't impressing her enough. My step dads children became her priority as soon as they moved in. I wasn't good enough for my own mother.

Hearing Liz say those words set me off again, although I agreed with her because I wasn't happy with myself either. Liz is more of a mother than my mum was, its pathetic to cry over a couple of words but it just reminded me of shitty times.

"Jess" I heard Luke's voice on the other side of my door and I chose to ignore it and carried on crying into my pillow.

"Jess. Dinners ready" he added.

"I'm not hungry" I shouted and dropped my head back into the pillow.

Luke's POV

I stomped back downstairs and sat down with my parents and my brothers. It felt empty without Jess being here with us.

"She won't come down. Says she's not hungry" I shrugged and stabbed my fork into the chicken on my plate.

"She shouldn't have misbehaved at school" her dad spat.

"She didn't exactly do much wrong though. I get it about her phone but she got sent out for talking when she asked when her cheer leading practice was" my brothers began to start a small conversation between themselves whilst I was trying to get Jess ungrounded.

"Maybe we were a little harsh on the poor girl. Everyone has their bad days" My mum muttered.

"Nonsense. She's turning into another version of her mother and if it carries on she can live elsewhere! I'm not having a disruptive child living in this household!" Her dad looked angry and it honestly scared me.

I heard footsteps and then a door slamming and I automatically slapped my hand against my forehead.

"Looks like Jess was reconsidering" I mumbled.

"I feel kind of bad for her" Ben added.

"Oh really! If you all feel bad for that devil child you can all live elsewhere! Do not give her sympathy! She will end up carrying on this disgusting behaviour!" Jess's dad growled.

"Dont you dare speak to my kids like that!" My mum yelled.