Chapter 17

Jessica's POV

2 days later.

To:Michael
Mikey

From:Michael
Jessy?

To:Michael
I told you not to call me that!

From:Michael
Sorry!!!!!!

To:Michael
Come over, Luke's bored without you

He didn't reply afterwards and I smiled at the messages, they're short but enough to make me smile.

From:Tyler
So sorry! I can't come today x

To:Tyler
Whatever. I'm used to it.

From:Tyler
I love you baby, I'll make it up to you tonight?

To:Tyler
Oh yeah, like last time? You messaged me a couple of minutes before you were supposed to pick me up saying you would rather do something else than spend time with your fucking girlfriend! What the hell am I to you? Do I mean anything at all to you?

From:Tyler
Of course! You mean everything to me

To:Tyler
Sure looks like it.

I left my phone on my bed and headed downstairs and sat down on the couch with my dad, it felt like forever since I had last spent time with him.

"How's Tyl-" I cut him off quickly by shaking my head and raising my hand.

"Did you break up?" I shook my head although that's what it feels like.

"He stood me up, I haven't seen him for a while. Every time we arrange something he says he has other plans last minute" I picked at my nails and sighed.

"He seemed like such a nice young lad, when I last saw him obviously" he chuckled and patted my knee with one of his large hands.

I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Dad?"

He hummed in response and I hesitated before asking him.

"Why is my surname Hemmings now? Your name isn't Hemmings?"

"Your mother refused to change her name back for some reason and I didn't want you to have anything to do with her anymore so I got your name changed to Liz's surname instead" he replied

"I didn't know you could do that" I mumbled and he shrugged and chuckled.

Liz entered the living room and greeted us both with a 'hello'.

"Why aren't you at school Jess?" I panicked and realised it was Monday.

She then laughed as she saw my alarmed reaction.

"I'm joking, your not at school today because its bank holiday" I nodded slowly.

I stood up so that she could sit down next to her soon to be husband, she smiled and thanked me before kissing my dads lips.

"I'll leave you two alone" I winked and they both erupted into laughter as I walked out and closed the door.

"Jessica" I turned around to see my brother.

"What?" I spat.

"Oii. No need to be harsh" I rolled my eyes and he shoved me playfully.. Just like Tyler used to do.

I burst into tears and covered my face with my hands, his arms wrapped around me tightly and he lifted me off the ground slightly. I wrapped my arms and legs around him and cried into his shoulder.

"Jess" he rasped.

"Jack" I mumbled.

"Why are you crying? Did I hurt you?" I shook my head and cried even more.

"Its just- Tyler. He's refusing to spend time with me, he's stood me up every time we arranged to do something. When you pushed me, he used to do that when we were first together and it just made me miss him" Jack began to rub soothing circles on my back and he made me relax.

"Hey- Jess?" It was Mikey.

Jack put me down and patted my head before smiling and rushing upstairs.

I got pulled into another embrace almost instantly and I tried my hardest not to cry again, why is everything so shit now?.

"Mikey!" Luke screamed from upstairs, I laughed and motioned upstairs so he could go to his best friend.

"Jess!" My two older brothers called, I rushed upstairs and entered Bens bedroom and sat down beside them.

"Tyler's going to a party tonight so you need to go to see whether he's up to something" I groaned and tugged on my hair.

"Okay" luckily I didn't have to work tonight because of this bank holiday.