Chapter 19

Jessica's POV

Morning.

I woke up and turned over to try and get back to sleep, I was startled when I saw Calum laying next to me.

He looked so peaceful and I decided to watch him whilst he was sleeping, one of his eyebrows furrowed and he began to stir slightly.

I pretended I was asleep and he began to mumble something. I heard him groan and tried my best to keep a straight face.

"Jess, get up" he shook me and then suddenly he stopped.

He sighed and his fingers found their way into my hair and he ran his fingers through the long strands.

"You look so peaceful, Jess" he whispered.

"I couldn't wake you up, not when you look so happy and peaceful. You finally stopped crying. It breaks my heart when you cry and that scares me, I haven't known you for long and you have changed my life so much" he mumbled.

My heart fluttered and I realised how much Calum means to me, do I like him more than a best friend?

"I couldn't make you wake up from being peaceful, you will remember what happened and you will cry again" he whispered.

I waited until it felt like a few minutes later before I opened my eyes slowly, Calum was looking down at me and a small smile was on his face.

"Do we have school today?" I panicked.

Cal shook his head and I let out a sigh of relief.

I rested my head on his chest and his arm wrapped around me almost instantly.

"What time did we get back last night?" I groaned.

"4am probably" he shrugged.

"Tyler is a prick" he agreed with me and sighed.

"Jes- Hey Cal?" He greeted Luke and Luke invited himself into my room and he sat down on my bed and turned to us.

Luke's gaze drifted towards me and I just smiled to him.

"You've been crying" I didn't reply and Cal was just shaking his head.

"I found out that Tyler was cheating on me" Luke nodded and bit his lip

"He's been doing it for a while" I gasped and pulled myself out of Calums embrace.

"You knew? And you didn't tell me?!" I raised my voice at my brother who just apologised multiple times and sighed.

"It would have hurt you" he mumbled

"Well what about now?" I asked sharply.

He shrugged and looked down at his hands.

I groaned and looked out of the window

"He's going to be sorry" I laughed to myself and turned my head to see the two boys sending each other confused glances.