Chapter 35

Jessica's POV

A month later

"Jess" Luke mumbled.

"What?" I asked as I scrolled through twitter on my phone.

"Do you think you could stop being so clingy with Cal? We barely hang out with him anymore" I put my phone down on the coffee table and turned to face my brother.

"Luke. He's my boyfriend, I'm not going to stop being with him" I laughed.

He rolled his eyes and stood up from the couch. I watched him walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water before walking back and falling back down beside me.

"Jess. He's my best friend. He's been my best friend for longer and you know that!" He spat.

"You were the same with Talia!"

"I wasn't! I actually chose my friends over her. I'm not one of those people who choose their partner over their friends because that isn't cool. You need to let Calum be with us more or you have to break up with him" I scoffed and stormed out of the house.

I ended up at the park sitting on one of the benches. I sighed and scrolled through my phone until I got a new notification informing me that I had a message.

From:Cal
He told you.. Didn't he? Xxxx

To:Cal
He told me that I either have to stop being with you all of the time or we have to break up. He can't say anything though because he did it with Talia and I barely saw her. Then he started implying that Im stealing you away from him but that's bullshit. Xxxx

From:Cal
Maybe he's right? Xxxx

To:Cal
What are you saying?

From:Cal
Maybe we should hang out less so that we don't have to break up xxxx

To:Cal
Whatever.

From:Cal
I love you baby xxxxx

To:Cal
Yeah, okay.

Luke's POV

From:Calum
You dick!

To:Calum
What did I do now?

From:Calum
Jess fucking hates me now because you told her about it all!

To:Calum
She's just upset.

From:Calum
I told her I loved her and she put 'yeah, okay' so yeah. Fuck you Luke. Thanks for fucking up my relationship. Thanks so fucking much.

"Ben!" I heard Jack yell.

"What?!"

"Sarah's here!" He called.

I sighed and threw my phone onto the bed. I've lost my best friend and my sister by trying to get my best friend back. I'm such a dick.

From:Ashton
You did it?

To:Ashton
Yup. Now they both hate me.

From:Ashton
Their just upset, it will be okay soon. You know what they are like :)

To:Ashton
I guess. Jess is back I'll try to talk to her.

"Jess!" I shouted from my bed.

I heard her door slam and I knew that she had ignored me. I groaned and headed out of my bedroom. I stood outside of the door and knocked a couple of times, each time she ignored me so I just opened the door and sat down on her bed.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hi" she mumbled and kept her face buried into her pillow.

"How are you?" I asked hesitantly.

She mumbled something which I didn't catch but I didn't bother asking her to repeat it.

*
"Jess? Are you ready?" I knocked on her door a few times.

"Yeah" she sighed and came out of her room in a formal black dress with black heels.

"I don't want to go!" She groaned as we headed downstairs.

"Its mum and dads anniversary. We have to go"

*

The meal was really awkward. We were all sitting around the small table in a fancy restaurant. Jess and her dad were ignoring each other, her head was down and her eyes were attracted to her lap where her phone was sitting.

I watched her unlock her phone and open up a text message revealing a very long paragraph and I was almost certain she was arguing with someone and I was guessing that the person was Calum.

"So.. Uh- how was work?" Jack asked trying to break the awkward silence.

"It was alright I guess, how about college?" Dad asked.

"Boring" Jack replied.

"Jess, you're very quiet tonight. Are you okay?" Mum asked my step sister.

She nodded her head and looked back down to her lap. I felt sorry for her because she is an argument with her dad and her boyfriend and she probably hates me.

From:Mikey
What's going on?

To:Mikey
What do you mean?

From:Mikey
Calums really pissed off and he's almost crying :(

To:Mikey
He's arguing with Jess and I feel like I'm the cause of it because I suggested that she should let him spend more time with us :(

From:Mikey
Well its true and it wasn't just your idea anyway, dont worry x