Chapter 7

Jessica's POV

"Ash, you have a girlfriend why are you so bothered about Talia and Luke?" I asked.

"She's my best friend and Luke isn't right for her!" He cried.

"Well who is right for her then?" I asked softly

"Me. I am right for her but she doesn't like me back, so I started dating Lucy" I gasped and suddenly felt bad for this Lucy girl.

Hes using her to get over Talia!

I noticed tears were now streaming down his cheeks, I pulled him into my arms and tried my best to comfort him.

"It isn't exactly the best idea ever but I guess if you really love her then you should do something instead of hurting Lucy" I spoke softly.

I ran my fingers through his soft blonde curls, it seemed to soothe him luckily.

"I'm sure she likes you too" I mumbled.

He laughed but it was more sarcastic than normal.

"She's into Luke" he muttered

"She isn't, she's drunk" I reminded him.

He scoffed and shook his head, his eyes were now red and puffy and it made my heart ache.

I haven't known him for long but it hurts to see him upset, hes usually so happy, its different seeing him so upset and hurt.

"Do you want me to talk to her for you?" I asked.

Almost immediately he replied. "Am I not good enough? Am I nothing compared to Luke? What does he have.. That I don't?.."

I looked at the ground and then lifted my gaze back up to the hazel eyed boy.

"Ashton. You're a really amazing guy, she's obviously missing out because you're a real catch! You're sweet, funny and let's just say adorable. Your girlfriend is lucky to have you, I'm sure that Talia sees that too. I don't think that she's in love with Luke because she's never shown any affection towards him when she has been sober. You need to talk to her when she's sober so you can get a real answer" he now had a small smile and his dimples had now appeared.

"Does Luke like her?"

"Oh, I-I don't know, I've never actually asked him.. But he wouldn't tell me anyway since he doesn't like me. I don't think he does though" I shrugged and bit the corner of my lip.

He nodded and held his arms open, at first I was confused and then he gestured for me to come closer. I smiled and he embraced me, his warm muscular arms surrounded my body giving me a feeling of protection.

I inhaled his scent and I'm glad that it was much different than the aroma at the party, alcohol mixed with sweat was not a good match. Ashton, therefore smelled the best by far.

I suddenly felt incredibly strange for smelling him and judging his scent compared with other smells..

"Thankyou, Jess. It means alot, I would never have anyone to talk about this with, I'm glad you're here now. Luke would never have done this for me" I smiled at him and he just held me closer.

*

"What time is it?" He asked, I was wondering that too considering his arms were still around me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and clicked the lock button which made the screen flash up.

"2:42am"

He gasped.

"What time did we get back here?" I shrugged and tried to think back to when we came home.

"Maybe about 1 or half past" he nodded.

"So we cuddled for about 25 minutes?" He guessed since none of us knew.
I shrugged and he giggled.