Chapter 9

(Jess' outfit is attached)

Jessica's POV

A week later.

I got hired at Starbucks! My first real job, I have to work every day after school and half a day on Saturdays.

Today is Saturday so I have half a day of work.

I tied my wavy hair up into a ponytail and pulled a few strands out to make it look a little messier.

I quickly did my usual makeup routine and added some red lipstick, I stumbled over to my closet and pulled on my black skinny jeans and a plain green top. I put on a grey hoody and stuffed my Starbucks apron into my bag.

I slipped my feet into my black vans and put my phone and my keys into my bag, I sprayed some perfume over myself and headed downstairs.

From:Talia
Party at Shawn's tonight! Xxxx

To:Talia
Really!!

From:Talia
YES! I'm determined to get us some cute boys so I'll be over later helping you get ready;)

To:Talia
Alright, whatever loser. I have to go to work now Bye!

I said goodbye to Liz and my Dad and sighed in relief, I'm glad things didn't get awkward between me and Luke.

Speaking of Luke, where is he? Or jack? Or Ben?

I closed the front door and began the short walk to Starbucks, I had my earphones in and All Time Low was blasting through them.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I didn't see that group of boys in their usual spot.

I finally reached Starbucks and pushed the door open, I greeted the people who were already there and went into the back of the shop.

I unlocked my locker and put my bag inside, I swapped my jacket for my green Starbucks apron and then closed my locker and headed out to the front of the shop.

"Jess, can you take orders please?" I nodded and stood in front of the till.

It was unusually empty for this time in the morning, usually most people stop in on their way to work but there's only been like 5 people.

"Can I have a medium caramel cream frappé chino" I nodded and didn't look up at the customer, his accent was american and made me miss home an awful lot.

"Name?" I asked and held a black sharpie against the plastic cup.

"Tyler."

My heart stopped, I looked up and met eyes with Tyler, my best friend Tyler!

I rushed around to the front of the counter and wrapped my arms around him probably a little bit too tightly but right now I couldn't care less.

"Woah there babe" he laughed.

"What are you doing here?" I had the largest smile on my face.

"I missed you" he blushed, I wrapped my arms around him again and kissed his cheek. I then remembered I had red lipstick on..

"I just became your grandma I'm sorry" he laughed because his grandma always kissed his cheek and he would have a lipstick stain on his cheek.

"Your lipstick stain is a work of art though" he winked. (SLSP;) XD)

I laughed and headed back around to the other side of the counter.

"When do you get off work cutie?" My heart fluttered and I felt my cheeks heat up a little.

"An hour" I groaned.

"I'm taking you to a party tonight" he winked.

"Shawn's?" He nodded and looked confused as I already knew.

"I'm already going" I laughed.

He smiled and he held my hand over the counter, his thumb moved gently across it and a smile formed on my face.