Chapter 18

Talia's POV

Ashton dragged me along to this stupid party tonight, I had been here for at least an hour and now I was ready to leave. The girls were worse, they practically jumped on every boy there.

"Jesssyyyyyyy!" Ashton slurred.

"Ashton" I slapped his arm and he drunkenly dragged me over to my boyfriends sister.

"Why are you here?" I laughed.

"Snooping on Tyler, have you seen him?" I shook my head but Ashton nodded his head and pointed upstairs.

She thanked us and rushed upstairs, I felt sorry for her. This would have been about the 20th time he had done this, he blew her off and partied and had sex with other girls.

Jess was oblivious and now everything would come crashing down on the poor girl.

*

I was unaware of the time but I'm pretty sure it was early in the morning, Jess was still upstairs as me and Ashton were still stood by the staircase waiting for her to come down.

"Jess wait!" Tyler screamed as Jess ran down the stairs and went straight out of the front door.

Calums POV

It was 2:30am and my phone startled me by buzzing on my nightstand.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"C-Cal? I'm so s-sorry to wake y-you" Jess was crying.

"Jess? What's wrong?" I asked and sat up in my bed.

"Tyler's been blowing me off all month and he's been cheating on me! I just caught him at a party and I didn't know who else to call" I felt my heart snap at the sound of her crying.

"Where are you?" I asked whilst slipping my shoes on and standing up.

"The beach" she sighed.

"I'm coming to you princess, stay there" I ignored the fact I had called her 'princess' and I ran as fast as I could so I could get to her faster and be able to hold her in my arms.

Brown locks caught my attention when I saw them blowing in the wind and saw a small figure perched on the golden sand underneath a street lamp.

I lifted her up bridal style and carried her to a 24 hour McDonalds, I bought us both a coffee and sat down beside her.

"Jess, look at me" she lifted her head up and she looked.. Broken.

She's so beautiful, so angelic and she gets treated like that! It digusts me, she deserves the world.. I'm going to try and give it to her.

"He's a dick. He doesn't deserve you and never has, you deserve someone who loves you and is going to treat you like the princess you are. You will find that person soon I promise you. Please don't cry" she sighed and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry Calum, I feel so stupid for crying over a boy and I feel bad for waking you up" I wiped her tears with my thumb and she smiled at the gesture.

*

Her small, shaky hand held mine tightly as we headed towards her house.
"I broke up with Tyler" I smiled and squeezed her hand.

"Good. He never deserved you"

"Cal?" I hummed in response and we slowed our pace down slightly.

"Thanks for being my best friend, it means a lot that you came to support me" she smiled and let out a small sigh.

Did she just friendzone me?.