Chapter 36

Jessica's POV
(Outfits are attached)
*Friday Night*

"Hey Jessi-" Emily and Talia burst into my bedroom door ready to go to the school dance.

"Why are you crying?" Emily sat down on my bed beside me whilst Talia cuddled me from behind.

"Calum" I sobbed and dropped my head into my hands before silently crying once more.

"He seems fine though? Have you broken up?" Emily asked.

"No but I feel like that's coming. Look at the previous messages" I handed my phone to her and she quickly read through the majority of the argument.

She gave me a sympathetic look before hugging me tight and handing my phone to Talia so that she could read it as well. I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a shaky sigh.

My bedroom door suddenly burst open causing me to scream and put my head underneath the bed sheets as it would either be one of the boys or my parents.

"Jess, are you coming? We still have time to get you ready" Talia asked softly.

"N-no" I mumbled and began to cry once more.

I wanted to go but I would end up ruining their night because I was uncontrollably crying and I felt like shit anyway. The bed sheets were ripped from my head and I spotted Luke holding them.

"You're coming! I'm not letting you stay here crying. Okay? Get ready" he ordered.

I sighed and stood from my bed and began to wipe my face with a makeup wipe so that there wasn't any tear stains visible on my cheeks. Emily and Talia were discussing an outfit for me to wear and I couldn't stop thinking about Cal.

I put on some light foundation with black eyeliner and mascara and finished with red lipstick. I combed my hair a few times and French plaited some of it and tied the rest up into a messy bun. I put on the outfit that Talia and Emily had picked out which was a pair of shorts that were darker at the top and had a wash effect towards the bottom. I also wore a navy blue short sleeved shirt and black ankle boots with large heels.

*

I headed into the dance in between Emily and Talia and there was an awkward silence between me and Calum and I had avoided eye contact with him since I went downstairs at home.

One Direction- Live while were young was currently playing and everyone was dancing around even the boys who 'hate' boybands. Luke, Michael, Ash and Calum were standing awkwardly in the corner for some reason which I wasn't sure of.

"Oh my god. Jess, Talia! I didn't think you were going to come!" Kaitlin cheered. I wasn't in the mood for her preppy attitude right now. I needed a drink but I couldn't have one yet unless someone spiked the drinks here like they did in America.

"Well, we came after practically forcing Jess. She lost her school spirit!" I could tell that Talia was faking because her voice had changed into a higher pitch.

"That's too bad. See you at practice!" She shouted before skipping away.

"You're lame" I mumbled and shoved her shoulder gently.

"Says you" She laughed.

I was about to settle this argument with Emily's opinion but she wasnt beside me, I turned around slightly to see her kissing Michael.

"Can we go over to them, please?" She pouted.

"You can. I'm going to the bathroom" I smiled and headed out of the main hall.

The echoing sound of my heels clicking against the floor filled my ears as the halls were barely lit and there was no other noise in the hallways. I pushed open the bathroom door and stood in front of one of the sinks, I moved my finger underneath my eyes removing any mascara smudges.

I reapplied my red lipstick and rubbed it in quickly. I took a deep breath and suddenly hearing a moan which startled me and also disgusted me. I quickly rushed out of the bathroom not wanting to hear anymore of that.
Someone's large hand gripped my forearm and part of me hoped it was Calum. Wow I really miss him don't I?.

"Hey" Tyler slurred.

"How are you drunk?" I asked him and he pointed to the bottle of vodka in his hand.

"Can i-" I got cut off by someone yelling my name from the end of the hallway.

I sighed before walking towards the voice to find Ashton standing beside the entrance to the hallway. I gave him a questioning look and he smiled before dragging me back into the hall where everyone was dancing and singing along to the songs badly.

"What?" I yelled over the music.

"Why aren't you coming over to us? Just because you're not on the best of terms with Calum doesn't mean you have to avoid all of us" Ashton replied.

"Its- its just awkward, Ash. I'm sorry" I added quietly.

"Can't you try to get along for the sake of all of our friendships?" I sighed before nodding hesitantly and following him over to the group in the corner. There was no sign of my brother or my boyfriend so I guess that's kind of a good thing.

"Where's Luke?" I asked.

"I think he's outside" Michael replied.

"I'll go and check on him" I sighed.